Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 41 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• yspedeyspede Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi All,

@yspede This seems to be a hardware fault if you're watch is having the battery issues with 1.3.255. Please get in touch with our customer support an they'll be able to help you further in this case.

Cheers, lampard

I already contacted customer support and their answer was 95Eur for an battery replacement.
  • josecnsojosecnso Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I would need version 1.3.255
    thanks
  • josecnsojosecnso Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    The sw should offer which version to install.
    A point in the agemda!!
    a greeting.
  • d_fensd_fens Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    josecnso wrote:
    The sw should offer which version to install.
    A point in the agemda!!
    a greeting.

My thought exactly.

I see that versions often requested in this topic are 1.6.26 or 1.3.255. Please downgrade my watch to one of those and I'll try pairing it.
    Thank you.
  • Cart00nCart00n Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    (...)
    @josecnso @BassLane @d_fens @FranW @wlk2828 @Fentible @hkirk1 @BdeC @Radzix5 @Charlotte80 @avgguy @MichaelHH @Johninmtl @samtheman0570 @amku @Cart00n @Moosimoosi @Mbeswick @KasiaMac @m0tm0t I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)
    (...)

Cheers, lampard

@lampard , thanks a lot!
    The problem was solved rollingback to the 1.7.60 version.
    Hugs
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,914 Moderator
    @Neto Cruz @Dphicks @Simone045 @motso I've put you back on the software version 1.7.60. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@d_fens @josecnso I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. Let us know how it goes!

@Gemagc85 I've put you back on the software version 1.3.255, can you please factory reset your watch again and see if this version fixes the issue with your HUAWEI Y6 device? Let me know!

@Newcrossroadie Which smartphone are you using? There's a known issue with the Huawei P8/P8 lite phones not pairing with the watch.Currently, there is no workaround for this and you need to use the PC/laptop to sync the activities for a time being. Let me know if its not the case!

@van de Wauw I can see that your watch already has the version 1.7.60 installed on it.

Cheers, lampard
  • van de Wauwvan de Wauw Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard,

Solved. Thanks for the support.
  • NewcrossroadieNewcrossroadie Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @lampard
    I have an Honor 9 phone. It worked fine with the watch until recently when I upgraded the watch software to 1.7.62. I'm not sure what version I was previously using but it would be a version from say 3 to 4 months back. Perhaps you could just put my watch back to an earlier version than 1.7.60?
  • pinituspinitus Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have my Spark/Runner 2 + Music syncing with my Iphone fine until last week when I update the watch. So I decide to delete from the app and re-pair it.

I deleted it from the Bluetooth iphone configuration, opened the iphone tom tom sport app and I did everything just fine, I put the watch on Pair New menu, the app showed me that it's available TomTom watch, I chose it and asked me the pin code, then I put it on the app but suddenly the watch's screen change to Setting Page and the Iphone app tells me that the procedure is taking so long. I need help!!.

Tomtom watch Version 1.7.62
    Iphone app version 10.0.0
  • DphicksDphicks Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard

Thanks for your help. As soon as i downgrade the firmware it connected straight away.

Just been for a swim and it synced as soon as i open the app.

Thanks again

David
  • d_fensd_fens Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    @lampard , thanks for all your help. Downgarde to 1.3.255 did not solve my problem though. I think it's safe to say that Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global (also known as Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X) is simply not compatible with the watch.
    This is a dealbreaker for me and I'll be returning the watch to the seller as unfit for use. A shame, because I really like it, especially music streaming, which makes it unique on the market, at least in 'affordable' segment. Thanks again for all your efforts.
  • mvanderbiestmvanderbiest Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    This seems to be more and more crap. Still can not connect my watch to my phone, and seeing a lot of others with the same issue....
    Thinking of exchanging my watch to the Polar M400

Tomtom, give me a reason not to do so
  • dpelchatdpelchat Posts: 48 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Hi @lampard, please downgrade me to 1.6.26. Thanks
  • Gemagc85Gemagc85 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard

Hi,

Thanks for rolling back to 1.3.255, unfortunately after factory reset and restoring above-mentionned firmware there is still no Blutooth pairing at all.

Could you please kindly rollback to 1.6.26 as this is to my knowledge the last known working firmware for my HUAWEI Y6II?

Thank you very much for your great support

Keywords mots-clés palabras gancho: Huawei HUAWEI YII Yii Y2 TomTom Tom-Tom Spark Music musique issue problème problema Blutooth compatibility compatibilité compatibilidad connection connexion conexión
  • SBranch1SBranch1 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Can someone help me enable my Spark 3 (v1.7.62) connect to my Android phone (Galaxy A3 2017). Seems like in need the TomTom version to be rolled back - can you help?
  • RunVixRunVix Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem :(

Just bought a new TomTom Adventurer ,, everything going perfectly setting up the watch until I tried to connect to this app. The watch seems to find the app and generates a code to put in but it immediately disappears and goes back to the settings menu, the app is left trying to connect but the watch seems to have given up. I have done a soft reset and a hard reset of watch, deleted and reloaded the app, switched phone on and off, my software is up to date, tried countless times to get it to work. I’m thinking there is has to be a fault with this watch? Can you help? I’d like to be able to use the app rather than connect to computer every time.
  • SheffieldTomSheffieldTom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the TOMTOM Runner 2 cardio. The battery life was fine lasting for multiple runs, but since the latest update it is terrible and only just lasts for a 3 hours on a full charge. Is there a version i can roll back to that will sort this?
  • BobsoyerBobsoyer Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would need version 1.3.255
    thanks
    same problem
  • RadnorRadnor Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I’m also experiencing these Bluetooth connection problems since updating to 1.7.62. Could you roll back my software to 1.7.60?
  • BuenoDaveBuenoDave Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, Could you roll back my software to 1.3255 as I have the same bluetooth connection issues?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,914 Moderator
    @BuenoDave @Bobsoyer I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. Let us know how it goes!

@Radnor @SheffieldTom @RunVix @mvanderbiest @pinitus I've put you back on the software version 1.7.60. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@Newcrossroadie I can see that you already have the version 1.7.60 installed on your watch. Did that help?

Cheers, lampard
  • mvanderbiestmvanderbiest Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    So @lampard I kindly as TomTom to give me a reason not to switch and the reply you give is 'We downgrade you without warning and you need to do a factory reset'. Really?
  • NewcrossroadieNewcrossroadie Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @lampard, I do have version 1.7.60 and unfortunately it doesn't work. Could I try an earlier version? Thank you
  • RunVixRunVix Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thankyou @lampard , I actually tried again to connect after a run today, before seeing your message, and I was surprised to see it worked! Fantastic! Thankyou! I didn’t do a reset though?
    My run has synced to app and very happy ? I am getting notifications from my phone on the watch so would u suggest doing he factory reset now to stop this and save battery?
  • BobsoyerBobsoyer Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thank you @lampard its work !
    have a nice day !
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0