Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 31 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• pintasmpintasm Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    @lampard Could you please rool back my tomtom Spark to 1.7.60?
    The bluetooth issue is really annoying.

If you don't mind, i would be grateful.

Thanks.
  • Lukeb88Lukeb88 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @Zayno @swiftTR @dennismeijer @Lukeb88 @Imanol182 @a11geo @bazzer007 I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@Robinm If you wish, I can put you on 1.7.60 version which is a workaround for the pairing issues and has all the latest features. But again, battery life will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. Let me know!

Cheers, lampard

Thanks Lampard but it has not resolved the issue and I still cannot pair to my android phone. Is it possible to revert to an even earlier software version?
  • VassiVassi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard
    Hi,
    Could you please release a downgrade for my Runner 3?
    Unable to pair with at least 2 different iPhones.
    Thanks
  • Tiago_RibeiroTiago_Ribeiro Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please, downgrade my watch to 1.7.60.
    Thanks
  • dennismeijerdennismeijer Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @Zayno @swiftTR @dennismeijer @Lukeb88 @Imanol182 @a11geo @bazzer007 I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@Robinm If you wish, I can put you on 1.7.60 version which is a workaround for the pairing issues and has all the latest features. But again, battery life will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. Let me know!
    @lampard Thanks, after rollback I was able to pair with my iPhone :-)
  • stephanRstephanR Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello lampard,
    I am facing similar bluetooth connection issues as many other users with my Spark3 watch on Firmware 1.7.62. Before the firmware update it was working (pairing/connection with Android LG G6). I tried the usual things like deleting the app, factory reset of the watch, but the issue persists (pairing with the watch does not work). What is the process to get the previous firmware on the watch?

Thanks Stephan
  • highethighet Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    hello Lampard
    since firmware upgrade to 1.6.26 havent been able to sync watch with either phone or tomtom headphones!!
    could you roll my firmware back to Version 1.3.255 via my account please when all worked fine
    thanks
    frank
  • Wikto0RWikto0R Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi
    Please, downgrade my watch to 1.7.60.
    Thanks
  • bazzer007bazzer007 Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    lampard wrote:

Cheers, lampard

While I appreciate the gesture, I didn't actually ask to get rolled back. I was happy on 1.7.53 because it worked. You told me just to ignore the update but the next time I plugged in I was not given the option to skip so I had to upgrade to 1.7.62.

My post was simply to keep your in the loop about what was going on and perhaps elicit a response from you about what had changed (why I could no longer skip).

Anyway, since upgrading I am still able to sync with my phone, battery life seems ok etc so I would prefer just to stay on 1.7.62 unless I come across a problem.
  • JardanJardan Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi
    Please, downgrade my watch back to 1.7.60 ore something. It doesn't work on my iOS device anymore.
  • swiftTRswiftTR Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard

Thanks. Rolling back to version 1.7.60 resolved my pairing issue. I have disabled phone notifications so the battery impact should not be an issue.
  • ThrobnozzleThrobnozzle Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can you roll back the firmware on my watch please, Its on 1.7.62, Same problem as everybody else I can't input pairing code.
  • BB_7477BB_7477 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard

"@BB_7477 This can be a hardware fault if you're watch is having the battery issues with 1.3.255, the new version 1.7.62 doesn't solve the battery issue."

Although 1.7.62 can not fix my hardware fault, could I update firmware as 1.7.62 again?
    Thanks
  • Smirre007Smirre007 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Cant seem to connect my iphone6 to my Tomtom runner 3 watch, worked with the initial installation, but for some reason stopped. Have done a reset and now picks phone picks up the watch only for a second, the watch show the pin code for a second and then disapear and not enough time to type the pin into my iphone. Can somebody please assist
  • paulmccpaulmcc Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I can't get my watch to sync; currently on version 1.7.62.

When trying to re-pair my device, the bluetooth code flashes on the watch momentarily then jumps back to the settings main menu. Can you downgrade my device to 1.7.60 please?
  • Christina123Christina123 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi all,
    I am facing the same sync issues with my Runner 3 after the update (now version 1.7.62). Could you please provide me the downgrade to the previous version? Thanks a lot. I appreciate your support!
  • NatStNatSt Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard
    Please can you downgrade my software from 1.7.62 to 1.7.60 as I am unable to pair and sync my TomTom Spark 3 with my phone - IOS iPhone 5S. Also it is no longer syncing/exporting with Strava despite telling me it is connected - can you tell me why this is please and how I can resolve?
    Thanks
    Natalie
  • JMM86JMM86 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My TomTom Adventurer will not sync with either my mac or iPhone.

It worked fine for the first month in November but since 1 Jan 2018 it hasn't worked properly.

I have read several forum posts that describe steps to correct my problem but none have worked. Is there a fix which runs an older software version? Currently on 1.7.62.

When attempting to sync with my phone it reaches 9% then generates an error message stating the sync was unsuccessful.

If I sync with usb to my mac it performs a partial sync but does not update any of my activities.

Considering returning the product due to wasting so much time.

Any suggestions welcome.
  • fordje1fordje1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello, I Have the same issue as many others. Trying to syc my watch with a Huawei P8 Lite is impossible.

The watch is found by the bleutooth but when applying sync is doesn't move forward.

We've tried the watch on a HTC smath phone and there we can get the sync working very easy. I've rebooted the watch but that doesn't bring any luck. Reading the problems here-above it looks that my watch also needs a downgrade. How can this be done. How do I provide the info and to who do I have to send this question?

Thanks
    Patrick
  • AJWiggyAJWiggy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Plugged watch in to pc, did update to 1.7.62
    Now it will not connect to phone.

It would be nice to be asked if I wanted to upgrade when plugging the watch in to my computer, instead it just updates it anyway!
    This is exactly the reason I don't update anything unless I have a problem!
    Pretty fed up now, I've sent a support ticket but I won't hold my breath eah!
  • bert.defreynebert.defreyne Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    please restore also my software ... I'm having same kind of problems. in case you need info please contact me.
  • vondrakvondrak Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    jaumeng wrote:
    I also having the same problems. Finally I am able to rectified the problem. I am using Samsung OS v.5.11.
    1- Un-install MySport from your phone (Delete cache, Stop data + un-install)
    2 - Do a factory reset on TomTom Spark by holding the DOWN key and connect to PC.
    3 - After resetting (which takes 3-5 minutes), login your id + password.
    4 - Install MySport apps to your phone
    5 - Turn on phone bluetooth
    6 - Pair TomTom to the phone. (TomTom will generate pairing key for you to enter your phone).
    7 - Once connected - Choose Progress or Activities to sync.

Hope this works for you as well.
    Thanks, this worked for me
    adventurer + galaxy S5
  • danny2156danny2156 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My Spark watch is driving me crazy. Had it a couple of weeks and it worked perfectly until the latest 1.7.62 update. Now it will sync with my phone, no matter what I do. Factory reset the watch.....forget phone Bluetooth...uninstalled and re installed the app. Still not working.
    When I press pair the phone sees the watch and then the watch shows the pair code.
    But the phone continues to search and does not ask for the code.
    Sent 3 emails to Tom Tom and all ignored.
    Has anyone had similar issues?
    How do you return products back to Tom Tom when they do not acknowledge your emails?
    All help appreciated.
  • JaLabJaLab Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue here, please downgrade my firmware, thanks.
  • Jacket1983Jacket1983 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can you roll back the firmware on my watch please, Its on 1.7.62, Same problem as everybody else I can't input pairing code. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0