Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 30 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• dennismeijerdennismeijer Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Could you please provide my account with a previous version (1.7.60?) of the firmware to perform a rollback?
    Or will an update including a fix be available at short notice?

Thanks in advance
  • Lukeb88Lukeb88 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please could you rollback my firmware to 1.3.255. I have a TomTom spark music and cardio. I have been having trouble syncing with my android phone and have tried the suggested methods but with no joy.

Thanks Luke
    Please could you rollback my firmware to 1.3.255. I have a TomTom spark music and cardio. I have been having trouble syncing with my android phone and have tried the suggested methods but with no joy.

Thanks Luke

Thanks Luke

Thanks Luke
    Please could you rollback my firmware to 1.3.255. I have a TomTom spark music and cardio. I have been having trouble syncing with my android phone and have tried the suggested methods but with no joy. It's a pain to have to keep connecting it to a computer to sync.

Thanks Luke
  • Imanol182Imanol182 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard ,

I have also a TomTom spark 2 music and cardio and since I updated my watch (to firmware 1.7.62), it does not pair with my Iphone SE anymore.
    is it possible to downgrade my firmware?

thank you in advance,
    Imanol
    Hi @lampard ,

I have also a TomTom spark 2 music and cardio and since I updated my watch (to firmware 1.7.62), it does not pair with my Iphone SE anymore.

thank you in advance,
    Imanol
    Hi @lampard ,

thank you in advance,
    Imanol
    Hi,

thank you in advance,
    Imanol
    Hi @lampard

thank you in advance,
    Imanol
    Hi @lampard

thank you in advance,
    Imanol
    Hi @lampard

thank you in advance,
    Imanol
    Hi @lampard

thank you in advance,
    Imanol
    Hi @lampard

thank you in advance,
    Imanol

Thanks Luke
    Hi @lampard

thank you in advance,
    Imanol
    Please could you roll back my firmware to 1.3.255.
    I have a tomtom spark music and cardio. I have been unable to sync with my android phone and have tried the suggested methods with no joy.

Thanks Luke
  • RobinmRobinm Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My watch rolled back to 1.3.255 OK.
    I then tried pairing with my iPhone and initially I had the same problem (the pairing screen would appear with a pairing code momentarily on the watch, then immediately 'slide' back to the previous screen).
    However I noticed that this didn't happen when bluetooth was disabled on the phone. In that case it would just sit at the pairing screen on the watch waiting for the phone.
    So then I went into the bluetooth settings on the phone and told it to 'forget' the watch. (I had already done the 'forget' operation in the TomTom app on the phone, but not in the phone's bluetooth settings.)
    After doing that, I managed to pair the phone and the watch successfully.
    So it may be that this would have worked with the latest software version too.
    I'm happy to try that if you are happy to change the settings so I get the latest version again.
    Thanks.
  • a11geoa11geo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello @lampard

I would also like my firmware rolled back to a version which allows Bluetooth connection to work with IOS on my runner3.

Would also be good to understand when you anticipate a proper fix may be available (sorry if this has already been covered I haven't read all 31 pages of this thread....)
  • bazzer007bazzer007 Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    @bazzer007 For a time being, please ignore the update notification as your watch is functioning correctly with the 1.7.53 version. We'll post back here once there is an update to share.

Unfortunately, now I am not given the option to skip. Update is mandatory, so hopefully it all works out for me. Maybe somethings changed on your end?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,610 TomTom Moderator
    @Zayno @swiftTR @dennismeijer @Lukeb88 @Imanol182 @a11geo @bazzer007 I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@Robinm If you wish, I can put you on 1.7.60 version which is a workaround for the pairing issues and has all the latest features. But again, battery life will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. Let me know!

Cheers, lampard
  • KristofhKristofh Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I also have issues syncing with Iphone 6 on iOS11.2 and Spark2 with firmware 1.7.62
    Can I also revert the firmware?

The strange thing is that the phone notifications are being transmitted, but the sport data isn't.
  • a11geoa11geo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks @lampard

Just for info, I did manage to get it to pair and sync this morning using version 1.7.62. I had just successfully paired it to the TomTom earphones (for the first time) so I thought I'd give the phone another try and hey presto! It worked perfectly for about 30 mins then the bluetooth connection stated to drop out every ~5 seconds.

I've now successfully rolled back to 1.7.60. Will TomTom connect try to push version 1.7.62 if I reconnect to the laptop?
  • Alex68Alex68 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard

Thanks, however...

I reverted back to sw version 1.7.60 but unfortenately the watch is still not pairing. The issue seems even worse. With v1.7.62 it at least gave a pairing code; now nothing happens...

I hope a new release will solve the issue because this is pretty bad! How difficult can it be? I have dozens of devices paired with my phone, why is this tomtom watch so bad?
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0