Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 28 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• PilviPilvi Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,

I am also unable to connect my phone and watch (Runner 2) via bluetooth after software update. Could you please revert me back to v.1.7.60 or to another working version?
    Thank you.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,057 Superusers
    Loubee wrote:
    Hi,
    I have version 1.7.62 on my Runner 2 watch and I haven't been able to Sync for the last fes days to my iPhone 5s. How do I revert back to an earlier version? Can't see how to do it.
    Thanks,
    Louise
    Request it here:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088
  • 8topher88topher8 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can I go back to the old firmware too? Can't get the new firmware to sync with android phone. Thanks
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,610 TomTom Moderator
    @JHi @PdeJ @carwi @Cubaa @Otnipf @swim_bike_run_2849 @Swollmann @Paulbowal @thombthumb @bernaguilar @m.lava39 @TheoWilscott @DaftnDirect @welsner @query @kathyM @mshunmugam11 @karencgc @Marco Bonetto @bmcf880 @LisaJ @Hallohome @Paulthehat @PaulGunn77 @mrsellaking @hcousins80 @jay88 @Loubee @Pilvi @8topher8 I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@Somegras I've put you on the latest software 1.7.62, please connect the watch software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@skoteroverall @pba @Dwijaya I've put you on the old version 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@BB_7477 This can be a hardware fault if you're watch is having the battery issues with 1.3.255, the new version 1.7.62 doesn't solve the battery issue.

@bazzer007 For a time being, please ignore the update notification as your watch is functioning correctly with the 1.7.53 version. We'll post back here once there is an update to share.

@Rkrunman Can you please follow the FAQ here to troubleshoot the connection between the watch & the iOS device? Let us know the outcome!

Cheers,
    lampard
  • pbapba Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    All Working !!! Thanks @lampard
  • Ja DustyJa Dusty Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @lampard,

If it isn't too much trouble, I'd like to see the sync with the app working and it doesn't seem to be able to keep a connection to my Android device for more than a few seconds before dropping the connection and I just get 'Preparing to sync'. I'm on 1.7.62 (Adventurer). If I keep going PHONE / MANAGE / SYNCING (set to Manual) it occasionally connects and gets a bit further, but it hasn't got to 100% in last half and hour of trying.

Thanks.
  • OtnipfOtnipf Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @JHi @PdeJ @carwi @Cubaa @Otnipf @swim_bike_run_2849 @Swollmann @Paulbowal @thombthumb @bernaguilar @m.lava39 @TheoWilscott @DaftnDirect @welsner @query @kathyM @mshunmugam11 @karencgc @Marco Bonetto @bmcf880 @LisaJ @Hallohome @Paulthehat @PaulGunn77 @mrsellaking @hcousins80 @jay88 @Loubee @Pilvi @8topher8 I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphon...

Thanks Lampard, mine syncs fine with smartphone now.
    Best Regards
    Otnipf
  • swim_bike_run_2849swim_bike_run_2849 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard Thank you, but that doesn't solve the real problem. When can we expect a software update?

We're buying new products (to us) but TomTom can't support the technology?
  • fayta9fayta9 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can I go back to the old firmware too? Can't sync bluetooth with android phone. Thanks
  • BouvierXBouvierX Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @BouvierX Which smartphone are you using? There's a known issue with the Huawei P8/P8 lite phones not pairing with the watch. Can you please follow the FAQ here to troubleshoot the connection between the watch & the smartphone? (iOS/Android phone)

@nborunner @adampercussion @NickKnight @Rivaldo I've reverted back the software version to 1.7.60. Please connect your watch and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@Haydon The software version 1.7.60 is with the old Bluetooth stack which is a workaround for the users suffering from the pairing issue. The battery life of the watch will be impacted by this software version if you will use the phone notifications feature. Let me know if you wish to try this version otherwise I'll revert you back to the 1.3.255 version which has no latest features.

Let us know the outcome!

Cheers, lampard
    @lampard I am using a Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro. I tried all the checks listed and none have helped so far. I'm still just getting the "connecting" screen on my phone, while my watch gives me a code and returns to the home screen after a few seconds.
  • LouiseSteynLouiseSteyn Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same issue. Cannot connect my Tom Tom Spark 3 Cardio + Music to my iPhone. Tried everything mentioned above. Tom Tom what is being done to fix this?
  • peps85peps85 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard, how can I downgrade my Spark Music FW from 1.7.62 to 1.7.60? I have the BT pairing issue with my samsung s6.

Thank you
    Peps
  • SusannaofSwedenSusannaofSweden Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have a Runner 2 and the battery drains out very quickly nowadays. Even though I let the watch stay connected the whole time between excercising, it's still not fully loaded when I disconnect the watch. Is this a software issue?

I was about to return it to the store, but then I found this forum and this topic.

My current software version is 1.7.62. Could you roll me back to a version that actually works regarding battery Life?

Thanks!!
  • Rt27Rt27 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the same problem as above and I have tried all of the suggestions solutions but still no look. Any more ideas please?
  • KingcoalKingcoal Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I got a used spark yesterday which synced fine until the firmware was updated to 1.7.62 . Now it will only pair if headphones are in use. Similarly syncing is hit and miss and seems to require head phones. Could I get a roll back to previous working firmware.
  • bnowak1287bnowak1287 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard

Unable to use bluetooth anymore since upgrade to 1.6+ firmware. Please enable rollback to v1.7.60 on my Spark Cardio+Music watch with old bluetooth stack.

Thanks!
  • Ja DustyJa Dusty Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    @Kingcoal

Thanks for this advice. Very useful. I connected my headphones and paused the music and it connected and completed its sync. However, it drops off again shortly after completing the sync and I can get it to sync again by going to PHONE / MANAGE, but this is a little hit and miss, but better than not being connected to the headphones at all.
  • JayZedJayZed Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard I'm also unable to pair my TomTom Runner 2 Cardio watch with any device on v.1.7.62. Please could you enable rollback to a version that works? The previous software version I had was v.1.7.53 but that also didn't work. Many thanks.
  • peps85peps85 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Kingcoal wrote:
    I got a used spark yesterday which synced fine until the firmware was updated to 1.7.62 . Now it will only pair if headphones are in use. Similarly syncing is hit and miss and seems to require head phones. Could I get a roll back to previous working firmware.

I confirm that I can pair the watch with my Samsung S6 only when the headphones are paired with the watch.

Thank you
  • thule916thule916 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,

Please could my Runner 2 be rolled back so that it will pair with my android phone (Motorola G4) via Bluetooth. My watch provides a pairing code but the app just says 'Connecting' and times out.

It hasn't been able to pair for months. Now on v1.7.62 and still won't work.

It's a shame as I was really sold on TomTom.@lampard [user=93]Jürgen[/user]

Thanks
  • paragun148paragun148 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I would like my runner3 backdated to a software version where the battery life lasts more than a day, it is ludicrous to be in this situation, I was going to return the watch as it is just over a year old. So many comments across so many threads on this and similar subjects why hasn't tomtom sent an advisory notice to everyone, oh I guess because modern corporate policy is don't tell the plebs!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,610 TomTom Moderator
    @Ja Dusty @LouiseSteyn @peps85 @Rt27 @Kingcoal @bnowak1287 @thule916 I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@swim_bike_run_2849 The team is working on a fix for Bluetooth issue with the watch but we don't have any timeline for this!

@BouvierX @fayta9 Can you please try the troubleshooting steps in the link here to remove the watch from Bluetooth setting of your smartphone and try again? We only have issues with Huawei P8 or P8 Lite smartphones, let us know!

@SusannaofSweden With the version 1.7.60, the battery life of the watch is still impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. If you want I can put you on 1.3.255 version but you'll loose the latest features. Let us know!

@paragun148 I've put you on the old version 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@JayZed Can you please PM me the email address to which you've linked your watch and I'll have a look at it?

Cheers, lampard
  • Alex68Alex68 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard, can you also revert back the software version on my watch (runner 3 cardio) to v.1.7.60. I hope this will solve my pairing issues.
    Thanks,
    Alex
  • AladeenAladeen Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Dear
    the watch still not working and you keep sending me useless emails. I want the previous version( down grad my watch version). This is one week now and still the problem not fixed.
    I need to down grad the version to something can work
    we need all go to social media and talk about this stupid watch. One week to fix.
    This watch meant to make the life easy however, it makes the life for us miserable and the company don’t bother to even help
  • BoabyGBoabyG Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I’ve had my watch software rolled back to v1.3.255 and still no fix to the pairing issues. The watch briefly displays a Bluetooth pairing code then shuttles back to the menu screen.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0