Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• Ruho7
    Ruho7 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    About 6 days ago @lampard, you said that I could reset the watch to 1.7.60 via Sports Connect, and that it would then pair with my phone. I could not access internet until yesterday, so I reset the watch then, but it kept me on 1.7.62, and I still cannot pair with the phone. Can you check that my account was updated to the earlier version?
    Ruho7
  • yanzhao111
    yanzhao111 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard Could you please update me too? Thank you
    I cannot connect my watch to mobile app. current v1.7.53
  • dvdv
    dvdv Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard Just updated to 1.7.62 and now my Runner 3 can't pair with my phone anymore. Could you put me back on to 1.7.60 as well?
  • Bottchy
    Bottchy Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I just read a reaction of @lampard saying the Huawei P8 and P8 Lite phones do not sync with the watch, even when using an older firmware. Is this still the latest status? Or will this work now?

If not I will return this watch, makes it a pain to use... Got it as a Christmas present, what a shame.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,973
     Superuser
    Bottchy wrote:
    I just read a reaction of @lampard saying the Huawei P8 and P8 Lite phones do not sync with the watch, even when using an older firmware. Is this still the latest status? Or will this work now?

If not I will return this watch, makes it a pain to use... Got it as a Christmas present, what a shame.
    That is still the case and I would not expect a fi anytime soon. it has been over three months since the last update that broke connectivity for many users and there is still no fix. A fix for a single phone brand is going to be way down the priority list 9 and that assumes the fix can be done on the TT side, Huawei likely changed something on their side that is preventing the connection so the fix would need to come from them).

I would take care with your buying decision considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices. I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development so what you get in the box will likely be all there is.
  • Obidose
    Obidose Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    I just received a spark 3 and was excited to get it going. It connects to the PC without issue. However, when I tried to connect it to my phone (oneplus 5) it failed. The app went to searching for device, I selected the spark 3 and the phone carried on waiting. Meanwhile the watch recognized something and put a pin code up. Unfortunately the phone never reached a stage allowing me to enter the code. I have tried numerous times including a factory reset. I have also updated the firmware to the latest version.

*Current software 1.7.62
  • jwpeye
    jwpeye Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @lampard,

Just got a Spark3 for Christmas and cannot pair with my Iphone 5S (updated Ios and your firware 1.7.62). I have tried everything but continue to get the pairing nymber from the watch to the phone but then the watch connection disappears and the phone does not pair due to inactivity. Any fix would be appreciated. The PC connection works fine.

Thanks.
  • jwpeye
    jwpeye Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Solution found: I called the support number and was helped to roll back the version to 1.7.60 and my watch and iphone and now paired. Thanks to the customer service gentleman at Tomtom!!
  • lucy_rupkus
    lucy_rupkus Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @lampard I just bought the spark watch and i cannot pair my iphone with it. The pin come up and disappears immediately with the iphone not doing anything. I have read and it seams like the version 1.7.60 works and the 1.7.62 doesnt? could you revert the previous version on this device please? im currently on the 1.7.62.
  • dieselglider
    dieselglider Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    lampard wrote:
    @GQG @Marga040 @Emcia @andrewmf @geroha @dieselglider @Lefteri @daansport @andrewmf @Vjmaree @jvbijleveld I've reverted back the software version to 1.7.60.

Cheers & Greetings,
    lampard
    Thanks to @lampard for this 'fix', got the bluetooth connection working on my Moto X Play, although a bit hit and miss at times.

Didn't expect an answer until a while after Christmas, but great service.

Happy new year!
  • cfkl
    cfkl Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard My runner 2 can't pair with the app on my iphone please could you revert mine back to v1.7.60
  • Aladeen
    Aladeen Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    @lampard
    hi
    Please roll my watch bacl to 1.7.60 I am facing the same issue,,,

p.s
    why you don’t just roll everyone?!!?

thank you
    Alaa
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,061
    @Ruho7 @yanzhao111 @dvdv @Obidose @Michelle1983 @lucy_rupkus @cfkl @Aladeen I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@Bottchy Can you please PM me the email address to which your watch is linked and I'll have a look at it?

Cheers, lampard
  • Cristiano Marcucci
    Cristiano Marcucci Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi to All,

could you kindly roll back me to v1.7.60. I have the v1.7.62 and my TomTom Runner 3 is not connectine to my iPhone 7.

Thanks a lot,
    Cristiano
  • mwasowicz
    mwasowicz Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Explorer
    @lampard
    could you roll back me to v1.7.60. I have the v1.7.62 and my TomTom Runner 3 cardio + music is not connectine to my Phone

thanks
  • Obidose
    Obidose Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Will this issue ever be fixed properly? It looks like it has been going on a while. I don't mind using the workaround you have suggested short term but if it is going to take more than a month to fix it I think I will return the device.
  • krøyer
    krøyer Registered Users Posts: 12
    Apprentice Traveler
    hi @lampard

Can't you tell us if anyone is working on a solution,
    or will you just continue to roll people back to a previous version?

Krøyer
  • Cristiano Marcucci
    Cristiano Marcucci Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi to All,

could you kindly roll back me to v1.7.60. I have the v1.7.62 and my TomTom Runner 3 is not connectine to my iPhone 7.

Thanks a lot,
    Cristiano

Hi,

I called the support by phone and I was able to restore the watch with the previous version.

Thanks,
    Rosanna.
  • Ruho7
    Ruho7 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    Hi @lampard ,
    Thanks for reverting me to 1.7.60. At last my watch is pairing with my phone again!
    Cheers,
    Ruho7
  • Kootje
    Kootje Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    KCHan wrote:
    A history check on the similar topic found this happen before to older version firmware. There is no pin pad prompt from phone. is there any TomTom representative here or does anyone here knows how do we request support from TomTom so that i can provide them with details such as phone/fimware version or any logfile if they need.

just call the support desk by phone
  • enzochromatic
    enzochromatic Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have the same problem. Any update?
  • Michal1981
    Michal1981 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Please , share me 1.7.60 software. I have problem with connect my spark to my smartphone
  • Somegras
    Somegras Registered Users Posts: 9
    Legendary Explorer
    Hello there,

my battery draining issue hasn’t been resolved by this revert. What’s next?

Best regards,
    Kevin
  • Aladeen
    Aladeen Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hi
    unfortunately the problem was not fixed and I am getting sick of this watch. I suppose to buy watch that it work not making me work.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,061
    Hi All,

The team is working on a fix for Bluetooth issue with the watch but we don't have any specific timeline for this! As a workaround, we're reverting the firmware version back to v1.7.60 and v1.3.255 for the battery issues.

@Michal1981 @Stevel84 @mwasowicz @enzochromatic I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@Somegras Sorry to hear that! Please get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to assist you further as this might be a hardware fault with the watch. You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

@Aladeen Please make a reset factory reset[/url] on your watch to downgrade the firmware version to 1.7.60. Let us know!

@JHi Unfortunately, it's not possible now to revert back to the basic 1.2.0 version.

Cheers,
    lampard
This discussion has been closed.