Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 24 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• daansportdaansport Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I bought a new tomtom adventure and am also not able to connect to my iPhone SE with IOS 11.2.1. The software version on the sport watch is 1.7.62. syncing with iphone SE shows pin for a real short period of time, then the watch returns to the menu.
    @lampard: can I also her the software with the old stack or is there already an other solution?
  • LefteriLefteri Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I just received a TomTom Runner 3 Cardio as a present and immediately started the configuration to pair it with my Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 which should be fully compatible.
    I first connected my watch to my computer and the app suggested to upgrade to firmware 1.7.62 which I did.

I haven't been able to connect with the TomTom app on my phone. The phone sees the watch, my watch gives a pin to pair but then it returns tot the previous screen and my phone just keeps 'connecting'. I've tried the classic FAQ solutions with no result. I don't know if my watch would have connected under the older firmware but can a moderator (@lampard?) please roll me back so I can try?

I've read in the posts that version 1.7.60 should work? Thanks in advance!
  • dieselgliderdieselglider Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Xmas day, Yeh! Unpack my new Spark 3, connect to laptop, register, accept upgrade to v1.7.62, finally time to connect to app via bluetooth.... Wait and wait, and still waiting for pin entry to appear on phone.

Found this forum thread, and have tried all the different suggestions, without success. How do I get older working software version linked to my account?
  • gerohageroha Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Exact same problem here as dieselglider. Spark 3 with v1.7.62 doesn't work.
    Please enable me to get the old software version. Thanks!
  • JHiJHi Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have been advised that you can change my runner 2 firmware back to 1.2.00 can you do this?
  • Stanley85Stanley85 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello Tomtom, it is kind of annoying that my mum can't connect her new Christmas present to her Samsung Galaxy J5. Are you working on this issue as it is known for a few months already or should we rather sell the watch and buy a Garmin instead?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,644
    Superusers
    Xmas day, Yeh! Unpack my new Spark 3, connect to laptop, register, accept upgrade to v1.7.62, finally time to connect to app via bluetooth.... Wait and wait, and still waiting for pin entry to appear on phone.

Found this forum thread, and have tried all the different suggestions, without success. How do I get older working software version linked to my account?
    They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated (it has been over three months so I would not hold my breath). I suspect since they have already left the market and are not producing any new devices they may never fix it. In the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version it should fix it, although you will lose the Fitness Points and Fit age features:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088
  • andrewmfandrewmf Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Very similar problem here. Worked for exactly a day after purchase and since then fails to pair with the Sports App on an iPhone 6. There are multiple threads reporting this problem. Not acceptable.
  • edor1edor1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just received a Spark3 Music+Cardio for Christmas. Exact same problem described in this thread with the keypad not appearing on the MySports app on my Galaxy S5 when attempting to pair via bluetooth. Extremely dissapointed to find that Tomtom has not posted a single response to this Forum in 4 months of active posts.

If customer support is not able to solve for me tomorrow via phone, I will be returning this product.
  • VjmareeVjmaree Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi there, I am having the same issues as people above - where by new GPS Runner 3 is not pairing with my iPhone. I have tried to look in SportsConnect to connect with the old Bluetooth Stack (v1.7.60); but cannot see it, all I can see is that I have version V1.7.62....does this old software need to be linked to my account? Thanks
  • SomegrasSomegras Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    You may revert my version to 1.3.255. If that doesn’t work, we can find another solution.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,210 Moderator
    @GQG @Marga040 @Emcia @andrewmf @geroha @dieselglider @Lefteri @daansport @andrewmf @Vjmaree @jvbijleveld I've reverted back the software version to 1.7.60. Please connect your watch and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature.

@Somegras Please perform a factory reset and the version 1.3.255 will be offered in the Sports Connect software.

Cheers & Greetings,
    lampard
  • LefteriLefteri Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @GQG @Marga040 @Emcia @andrewmf @geroha @dieselglider @Lefteri @daansport @andrewmf @Vjmaree @jvbijleveld I've reverted back the software version to 1.7.60. Please connect your watch and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature.

@Somegras Please perform a factory reset and the version 1.3.255 will be offered in the Sports Connect software.

Cheers & Greetings,
    lampard

It worked! Thanks!
  • BouvierXBouvierX Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have exactly the same problem as everyone has already described. @lampard , could you also revert back my software?

Thanks in advance!
  • PetairPetair Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    dear @lampard. I´m facing the same issue, since the last updates, I can´t sync my Spark and iPhone 6s via bluetooth. Could you help me to revert back software version to 1.7.60?

Thanks in advance!
  • EmciaEmcia Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:

Cheers & Greetings,
    lampard

My telephone connected with tomtom! I hope it will work all the time :) Thanks!!
    @edor1 @TimIaM @BouvierX @Petair @Stanley85 @JHi @Kris Walraevens @godonova I've reverted back the software version to 1.7.60. Please connect your watch and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • Stanley85Stanley85 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This is just unnecessary hustle. I'll return both TomToms (Adventurer & Runner3) tomorrow as 2 Garmins Vivoactive HR (for 130 euro each) are on their way! The music quality on the adventurer is really bad. Apparently there's no hustle whatsoever with the Garmin software and you can even add more sport profiles. I'm unfortunately really disappointed with both TomTom products as I expected them to be as good as the competition for that price.
  • BouvierXBouvierX Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @edor1 @TimIaM @BouvierX @Petair @Stanley85 @JHi @Kris Walraevens @godonova I've reverted back the software version to 1.7.60. Please connect your watch and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature.

Cheers,
    lampard

This did not fix the problem for me. I am still unable to connect with my phone. Any other suggestions to fix the connectivity problem? I'm using version 1.7.60 now
  • PetairPetair Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    After downgrade it to 1.7.60. I´m able to sync with my phone again.

thank you.
  • nborunnernborunner Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I've recently bought a Runner 2 watch, and while it does connect to my MacBook by cable properly it won't pair with my iPhone 6S. While exactly following the steps on the website, it shows the pairing code for about half a second, then switches back to the "Settings" menu without pairing. iPhone keeps searching for the watch without pairing (or even asking for a pairing code).

I've tried reinstalling the Sports app, and the watch is also NOT in the phone bluetooth menu. Connecting to MacBook by cable is not a problem.
  • adampercussionadampercussion Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, I just got a spark but having the same sync/pair issue. Would it be possible to get the old firmware as I'm on the 1.7.62 at the moment and I'd love to pair it with the phone...
    Thanks
  • NickKnightNickKnight Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

The watch just updated dated it'self to 1.7.62 and not syncing with my iphone 6s, please can I roll back to 1.7.60 Thanks
  • RivaldoRivaldo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard my Runner 3 v1.7.62 does not connect to either my iPhone or Android device. Can you please reset me to an earlier version?
    @BouvierX Which smartphone are you using? There's a known issue with the Huawei P8/P8 lite phones not pairing with the watch. Can you please follow the FAQ here to troubleshoot the connection between the watch & the smartphone? (iOS/Android phone)

@nborunner @adampercussion @NickKnight @Rivaldo I've reverted back the software version to 1.7.60. Please connect your watch and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@Haydon The software version 1.7.60 is with the old Bluetooth stack which is a workaround for the users suffering from the pairing issue. The battery life of the watch will be impacted by this software version if you will use the phone notifications feature. Let me know if you wish to try this version otherwise I'll revert you back to the 1.3.255 version which has no latest features.

Let us know the outcome!

Cheers, lampard
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0