Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 23 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• mwasowiczmwasowicz Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard
    this is not a good situation for tomtom. p8 is on your compatibility list. it worked well with the older version of the program.
  • Ruho7Ruho7 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard : Thanks for the suggestion but my watch has not been listed on my iPhone for weeks as a paired Bluetooth device and I have followed the FAQ suggestions several times with no success. Until Tom Tom fixes the latest firmware, it looks like I need to go back to the earlier version.
    Ruho7
  • erkankasirgaerkankasirga Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I got TOMTOM Runner 2 Cardio + Music clock. v1.7.53 installed. I upgraded v1.7.60. There are still connection problems. I started to think that I made a mistake by relying on the TomTom brand. So many users complain about the situation and the point of producing results is insufficient.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,644
    Superusers
    Andy69 wrote:
    Hi,

may I also try out the Version 1.7.60 to try out, if my Pairing-Issues are solved after the update?

Kind Regards
    Andy
    None of the updates fix the pairing issues or the battery drain issues. 1.7.62 just fixes some back end server issues. There is still no word on when we can expect the connectivity and battery issues to be fixed.
  • ClopesClopes Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @icemac

Thanks Icemac, but the problem remains the same.
    I've tried everything, since reinstalling the application, reset the bluetooth of the mobile phone, reset the clock, tried to pair in any way and nothing, I give up.
    The only way to see my activities is only through the PC, but, due to my professional activity, I do not always go with the PC and only after 2 or 3 days I can see the activities.
    Thank you and Merry Christmas to all.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,210 Moderator
    @Rivadi_NL @Ruho7 @json: I can see that your watch has the 1.7.62 build installed with new Bluetooth stack and have pairing issues. I've now reverted back you to the version 1.7.60, You can connect your watch and the software with the old Bluetooth stack (v1.7.60) will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted by this software version if you are using the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

[user=536556]krøyer[/user] Done. Please connect your watch and version 1.7.53 will be offered in Sports Connect.

@Ashton If we'd offer you the 1.7.62 build you'd get the new Bluetooth stack and have pairing issues again.Unfortunately, the 1.7.62 build does not solve that issue. It solves two critical issues that are not visible to end-users:
    -Issues with the heart rate sensor on watches that haven't left the factory yet
    -Issues with watches causing data peaks on our servers

We're still working on a fix for the pairing issues.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • keith_snellkeith_snell Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    My watch has been unable to pair since upgrading to 1.7.61. I have just tried 1.7.62 and it is the same. Always the code disappears from the watch before the phone has chance to pair. I have tried everything so many times, please could I be downgraded to 1.7.60 so that I can use my phone pairing please?
    Superusers
    My watch has been unable to pair since upgrading to 1.7.61. I have just tried 1.7.62 and it is the same. Always the code disappears from the watch before the phone has chance to pair. I have tried everything so many times, please could I be downgraded to 1.7.60 so that I can use my phone pairing please?
    1.7.62 was never intended to fix pairing issues, it resolves some back end server issues.
    tfarabaugh - I am aware of that fact from reading the other comments on here, but thought that it was worth a try since not everyone is experiencing the issues.
  • fab76fab76 Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi
    @lampard

It seems that you have a app problem with android too...

Since I've upgraded to 1.7.60, I am able to sync again, but sometimes (1 per day or more) the app stay in "looking for the watch"... I've to disable an enable again the app and the bluetooth connect for a new sync...

It's not my phone fault, as I use too a parrot kit and I never had any problem with.

For information, my phone model : OnePlusX and android 7.1.1, the tomtom app is up to date.

Thanks
  • judeepjudeep Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Do we have a solution yet or will I just throw this in the bin and buy a Fitbit Ionic? @lampard Come on, this has gone on long enough now. Do TomTom really care that little about their users? I'm on the verge of binning my satnav and going with another company just on principle!?
  • fvanierselfvaniersel Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am on 1.7.62, also expecting the issue would finally be fixed, but still not the case. So please also do rollback for me to 1.7.60
  • SomegrasSomegras Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Two days on 1.7.60 and my battery draining issue has still not been resolved. It doesn’t seem to have any impact. Another version maybe?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,210 Moderator
    @keith_snell @fvaniersel : I've reverted back the software version to 1.7.60. Please connect your watch and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@fab76 Thank you for your feedback on version 1.7.60! I'll forward this to the team.

@Somegras With the version 1.7.60, the battery life of the watch is still impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. If you want I can put you on 1.3.255 version but you'll loose the latest features. Let us know!

Cheers & Greetings,
    lampard
  • SomegrasSomegras Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    I don’t use phone notifications, I didn’t connect my phone to my watch for quite a while, sync is also disabled and notifications are. Any other solutions?
    @lampard - Thanks, much appreciated...
  • GQGGQG Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I can't sync my watch with the app. Version 1.7.62
    Moreover the gps doesn't find signal to start the activity where it did before the updates.
    Any solution?:triumph:
  • Marga040Marga040 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear moderator, please roll back my firmware version to the latest version without the Bluetooth pairing issues.
    Have a Runner 2, always loved it, also the first runner, but since the Bluetooth pairing issues all the fun of using the watch is gone. If i cannot pair the watch with my phone the watch is worth nothing. I simply cannot connect my watch to a computer after every run, so the app needs to work.
    Tried every solution offered on this forum, in the app store reviews, nothing works. Reinstalled app (iPhone 6), delete the watch Bluetooth connection from my phone, shut down the phone, install everything again, soft reset of the watch, hard reset of the watch, etc. Getting desperate here! Please let me have the latest software version without the pairing issues back so i can use my watch properly while we keep waiting and waiting and waiting for a fix. Thank you.
  • EmciaEmcia Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello, I have a problem with pairing telefon and my watch. I have a Runner 3 Cardio + Music, with v. 1.7.62. My telefon: HTC Desire 820. I just bought this watch, please help me and send me a other version of software - 1.7.60. I want to enjoy this device!

VikramK can you help me? or someone else?
  • godonovagodonova Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I just updated my software to 1.7.62 and now I can't sync my watch to my Iphone. I see some comments about this issue but i don't see any work around. please advise if anyone can help me. Thanks.
  • Kris WalraevensKris Walraevens Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Was working before. Just installed update "v1.7.62" - in info "some bug fixes" but still not these bug fixed

TomTom sport bluetooth link wit wath is ok, pincode appears on the wath but the app doesnt give the insert number box

It's already 6 months - can it be so hard to resolve this problem ??????
  • Andy69Andy69 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @Somegras [user=536556]krøyer[/user] @Ceesve @Andy69 @Ceesve @LCY 0706 : You can connect your watch and the software with the old Bluetooth stack (v1.7.60) will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted by this software version if you are using the phone notifications feature.

Cheers, lampard
    Syncing the watch works now perfect! Thanks for your support!
  • EmciaEmcia Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Emcia wrote:
    Hello, I have a problem with pairing telefon and my watch. I have a Runner 3 Cardio + Music, with v. 1.7.62. My telefon: HTC Desire 820. I just bought this watch, please help me and send me a other version of software - 1.7.60. I want to enjoy this device!

@lampard can you help me? :)
  • jvbijleveldjvbijleveld Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just bought the watch,updated to 1.7.62, now facing the same sync issues as mentioned above. Syncing with iphone 6s shows pin for a real short period of time, then the watch returns to the menu.
    @lampard Please set sofwtare version back to a previous and stabdle version. I realy want to give it a try, but am seriously doubting to return it and get myself a Garmin...:disappointed:
    Superusers
    Just bought the watch,updated to 1.7.62, now facing the same sync issues as mentioned above. Syncing with iphone 6s shows pin for a real short period of time, then the watch returns to the menu.
    @lampard Please set sofwtare version back to a previous and stabdle version. I realy want to give it a try, but am seriously doubting to return it and get myself a Garmin...:disappointed:
    Considering that TT has already left the wearables market and is not producing new devices and has a history of problematic firmware updates and consistent connectivity issues the return idea is not a bad one.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0