Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 103 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• jordisaavedrajordisaavedra Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited December 2019
    Hi @lampard
    I have a tom tom runner + cardio 2, bought used.
    Can I get my Runner 2 rolled back to 1.3.255 please due to battery issue?
    Thanks in advance!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,674
    Superuser
    Hi @jordisaavedra

Lampard and others who may be able to help you are not available until after the Holiday. Keep an eye out here but it may be a few days before you get a response.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,606 Moderator
    Hi @jordisaavedra

The watch seems to be linked to your account back in May 2017. So the problem could well be related to the battery not able to hold enough charge.

Since when did you start noticing the problem?

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi @VikramK
    I bought used just last week, and It seems that the battery does not last long.
    I want to try downgrading the firmware to see if it improves battery life, now it has the latest version 1.7.64

Thanks for your help.
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @jordisaavedra

The watch seems to be linked to your account back in May 2017. So the problem could well be related to the battery not able to hold enough charge.

Since when did you start noticing the problem?

Regards
    Vikram

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,606 Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Thanks for confirming @jordisaavedra :)

Just do a factory reset and connect the device to TomTom Sports Connect application, check for updates. v1.3.255 should be offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram
    Thanks a lot @Vikram!
    I followed your steps and I was able to downgrade to version v1.3.255 without problems.
    Thank you very much for your help.
    VikramK wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming @jordisaavedra :)

Just do a factory reset and connect the device to TomTom Sports Connect application and check for updates. v1.3.255 should be offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram

• ggggg123ggggg123 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello, can I get my Runner 2 runner + cardio 2 rolled back to 1.3.255 please due to battery issue? Thanks in advance.
  • LechalllLechalll Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited December 2019
    Hi Lampard! I have a problem with the watch whitch I bought resently(used Multisport Serial Number: HCxxxxIxxxxx) - when you click the button - in any direction, the watch restarts. Is it possible to roll back the software on my watch, maybe this will solve the problem?
    Respectfully, Lechalll

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,475
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Lechalll wrote: »
    Hi Lampard! I have a problem with the watch whitch I bought resently(used Multisport Serial Number: HCxxxxIxxxxx) - when you click the button - in any direction, the watch restarts. Is it possible to roll back the software on my watch, maybe this will solve the problem?
    Respectfully, Lechalll

The rollback is only for the Spark/Runner lineup and only solves battery drain issues. Yours is a defective button and considering it is used, out of warranty and was discontinued almost 5 years ago, you are out of luck I am afraid.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,045 Moderator
    ggggg123 wrote: »
    Hello, can I get my Runner 2 runner + cardio 2 rolled back to 1.3.255 please due to battery issue? Thanks in advance.

Please make a factory reset on your watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Give it a test run and see this improves the situation for you!

Regards, lampard
  • SusciterSusciter Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, I have a Spark / Runner 2, bought used. Can I get software rolled back to 1.3.255 please to try improving the battery issue?
    Hi @Susciter

This is probably the battery issues but make a factory reset on your watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Give it a test run and see this improves the situation for you!

Regards, lampard
  • SusciterSusciter Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @Susciter

This is probably the battery issues but make a factory reset on your watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Give it a test run and see this improves the situation for you!

Regards, lampard

Thanks for your help.
  • Stracp70Stracp70 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've tried factory resetting but as soon as that's done it goes into update mode. How do i roll it back to an earlier version of the software and stop it updating ? Oh....and since the reset it's become impossible to pair with my headphones.
    I've tried factory resetting (repeatedly) but that makes no difference to the fact that the battery (although is says it's full charged) runs out after less than twenty minutes. It's also made it impossible to pair my wireless headset. How do i go about getting the software rolled back to a previous version ?
  • jebodibojebodibo Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    hello Lampard,
    I've changed the battery of my tomtom spark 3 cardio music (rollback did not work) but now everything works except the heart rate monitor.
    Is it possible that rollback to version 1,3,255 has disabled the cardio sensor?
    Thanks in advance

do you think that bringing the software back to the latest version can solve the problem?

thank you again...
    Superusers
    jebodibo wrote: »
    do you think that bringing the software back to the latest version can solve the problem?

thank you again...

I doubt it very much, my guess would be you broke it when you opened up the case to swap out the battery. You can open it again and see if the connections are all set but you have no more warranty coverage after opening the case so you are on your own. Changing the firmware will make no difference.
    Superusers
    Stracp70 wrote: »
    The thread tells me to do a factory reset and I'll be offered the earlier software but I've done this repeatedly and it still tells me I'm on version 1.7.64.

You have to wait until they confirm they have rolled you back in a reply to your post. It takes a few days and they are closed on weekends. I would try to perform a reset on your watch using the recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed. If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for Sports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in Sports Connect.
    Ok thank's a lot!
    @Stracp70 I've put on the version 1.3.255 and it will be offered to you in Sports Connect when you make a factory reset again. Please note that you'll lose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

lampard
    The software reset happened but it hasn't made any difference. The charge is still lasting next to no time and the headphones refuse to pair. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.
  • RuribeiroRuribeiro Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]

Hi @lampard I am also unable to pair my Runner 3 cardio with my phone (Android 6.0). My Runner is on version 1.7.64. Please would you be able to downgrade me to a firmware that will allow me to pair. Thanks.
  • jarox05jarox05 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi @lampard - my battery is depleting super quickly as well. Please can you offer me the rollback option for the Spark 3. Im on 1.7.64 at the moment.
    @Ruribeiro @jarox05 If you now perform a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Give it a test run after this and see if this helps otherwise it might be the case of depleted battery.

Regards, lampard
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0