Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 102 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

196979899100102»

Comments

• jebodibojebodibo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Good evening,
    why after the downgrade to the 1.3.255 version, new activities aren't updated on my personal page?
    I've connected the watch after run activity but i don't see new activities in my personal page.
    Is this normal?
  • OdimilsomOdimilsom Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard I am also unable to pair my Runner 2 cardio with my phone (Android 6.0). My Runner is on version 1.7.64. Please would you be able to downgrade me to a firmware that will allow me to pair. Thanks.
  • GrandeandGrandeand Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello guys.
    I have a tom tom runner 2, bought used.
    the previous owner told me that he didn't mind, but I can't use it.
    in practice, after a whole night in the caruca, just remove it from the socket and the battery and immediately at minimum.
    and I can't use any training program.
    battery problem or software problem?
    mine is updated to 1.7.64.
    my serial is HN649G06014.
    can someone explain me how to try the previous version?
    thanks
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,211 TomTom Moderator
    @jebodibo Are you still facing this issue? See the article here to know more about Re-uploading the activities using Sports Connect.

@Odimilsom The old version rollback only helps in case there's a battery issue with the watch. For syncing issue, I would advise you to start from scratch and reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here. Failing this will require a factory reset and start the pairing again.

@Grandeand Please make a factory reset on your watch and the old version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll lose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

Regards, lampard
    lampard wrote: »
    @Grandeand Please make a factory reset on your watch and the old version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll lose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

Regards, lampard

No way.
    even taking it to 1.3.255, the battery will discharge equally immediately.
    Is it just a battery problem, or could it be something else?
    @Grandeand Unfortunately, this might be the case of the depleted battery as the watch linked to your account is two-plus years old and drains the battery even after 1.3.255 version.

Regards, lampard
    @Grandeand Unfortunately, this might be the case of the depleted battery as the watch linked to your account is two-plus years old and drains the battery even after 1.3.255 version.

Regards, lampard

Thanks for the reply.
    this is a video I made this morning to show you what happens to the clock.

where to buy the battery?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,794 Superusers
    Grandeand wrote: »

Regards, lampard

Thanks for the reply.
    this is a video I made this morning to show you what happens to the clock.

where to buy the battery?

TomTom does not sell batteries, you would need to get the special tools to open the watch, determine what battery it is, source it yourself (using Amazon or Alibaba or the like) and install it yourself. There are videos online on how to install it but it is not supported by TomTom.
  • Runner421Runner421 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @lampard,

I have read through several posts, done the factory resets etc, battery life is couple of hours.

Can I request that the rollback option be made available for my watch?
    It is the Spark 3

Thank you
    @Joex9898 @Runner421 Can you please first make a Factory reset in recovery mode on your watch? Once this is done, please give it a test run during the weekend and see if this improves the situation. I'll put you back on 1.3.255 version in case this doesn't help. Please take a note that with 1.3.255, you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts.

Regards, lampard

@Runner421 Please make a factory reset on your watch and the old version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Regards, lampard