Unable to download partial map — TomTom Community

Unable to download partial map

iglanaiglana Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
edited September 24 in MyDrive Connect
Hello,
Just got my Go 620 WiFi, bought map of Europe, trying to download. Devise tells me not enough space but at the same time it does not allow me to delete existing map of US because"at least one map should be there"
So Im trying to choose a portion of Europe I will use. in my old VIA, i was able to go to my drive connect, choose a country and drop it into device. With GO, Im unable to access my map in my drive connect, it only tells me that GO can do everything via WiFi and gives no other options; on device itself, on the other hand, I dont have an option of getting just a part of the map.
Could someone help me?

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,213 Superuser
    edited September 23 Accepted Answer
    Hi @iglana

The GO620 Wifi units come with World Maps so you do not need to Buy any maps.

The reason you cannot download the European map is because it is too big to fit on the internal memory with the USA map as well. The best solution is to Add a Micro SD Class 10 memory card either 16gb or maximum 32 GB to you device, the slot is in the bottom. I would recommend a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major brand from a reliable source to avoid fakes, meanwhile some of the lesser known makes have had problems with Tomtom units. Once you have installed that and gone into Settings/System and Formatted the card for Maps you will be able to download the map.

Once you have a card to download a map you should:-

Tap Menu (4 dots)
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Add a Map
    Now select the map from the many World maps available too you to freely download..

If when you click on the Add a map you do not see a list of maps then contact Customer Support to get your account sorted at their end.

Regarding the map you have bought again this can be resolved by Customer Support who can sort out a refund...

Here is the Customer support phone number. Do not answer the questions but wait for an agent to answer.

United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST

All the best

Doug

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,213 Superuser
    edited September 23 Accepted Answer
    Hi @iglana

The GO620 Wifi units come with World Maps so you do not need to Buy any maps.

The reason you cannot download the European map is because it is too big to fit on the internal memory with the USA map as well. The best solution is to Add a Micro SD Class 10 memory card either 16gb or maximum 32 GB to you device, the slot is in the bottom. I would recommend a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major brand from a reliable source to avoid fakes, meanwhile some of the lesser known makes have had problems with Tomtom units. Once you have installed that and gone into Settings/System and Formatted the card for Maps you will be able to download the map.

Once you have a card to download a map you should:-

Tap Menu (4 dots)
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Add a Map
    Now select the map from the many World maps available too you to freely download..

If when you click on the Add a map you do not see a list of maps then contact Customer Support to get your account sorted at their end.

Regarding the map you have bought again this can be resolved by Customer Support who can sort out a refund...

Here is the Customer support phone number. Do not answer the questions but wait for an agent to answer.

United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST

All the best

Doug