Can't get my Rider 550 off the holder, anyone else have this problem? — TomTom Community

Can't get my Rider 550 off the holder, anyone else have this problem?

Dustypete0Dustypete0 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited September 23 in RIDER
I can dismount the sat nav from the car holder fine, but it gets stuck on the bike holder, and I don't like leaving £300's worth of tech on display. I've been undoing the whole ram mount and taking that with me, but its a bit cumbersome!
Any one else had similar problems and got a solution?

Comments

• fergussionfergussion Posts: 65 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    It should dismount from the bike-mount as well, never had problems...
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 298 [Supreme Pioneer]
    I have seen one post with a similar problem but I can't find it anymore.

In this case the plastic between the release lever and the bit holding the Rider was broken on the mount beneath the Rider.

I think you should contact customer service end send it for repair.
  • raesewellraesewell Posts: 128 [Exalted Navigator]
    put some candle wax on the slides
  • jr315jr315 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I had this issue for the last three weeks and just figured it out yesterday. It turns out that there is "side" for the craddle. In fact, the release clip must be on top when facing the craddle. When on top, the unit slides in without any issue. When faced down, the unit gets stuck and is hard to remove from the craddle. Hope this helps.
  • NiekieNiekie Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I just got a new Rider550 returned ‘cause the old one had a moist problem, that one also had a problem dismounting from both of our bikes. And guess what; the new one dismounts perfect.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,103 Superusers
    edited October 10
    Hi
    @Niekie

My Rider 400 & Rider 550 both have the Anti-theft kit fitted....
    By design the device can ONLY be removed when the device is in Landscape Mode
    It's impossible to remove the device in when using Portrait Mode....

ATB YFM