Go520 Traffic (0riginal) connection problem — TomTom Community

Go520 Traffic (0riginal) connection problem

Hi there,

New on the forum so sorry if not posting correctly, but not new to TomTom as you can tell by my back then state of the art TomTom purchase.

quite happy to plod along with my original GO520T but because of the latest major TomTom Home update that will not instal I'm now unable to use the previous version of TT Home to up date sat fixes and map share updates. And now findingit hard to get a sat fix. I'm not wanting to buy a new satnav as I will in future most likely buy a car with satnav installed.

any help appreciated.

Comments

• fergussionfergussion Posts: 76 [Supreme Navigator]
    Try a full reinstall of application, use revo uninstaller.
  • notborisnotboris Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    thanks fergussion for your advice, as it happens the picking up sat's issue was a one off, was on a massive retail park, working fine now. The traffic warning side bar has also disappeared but I can live with that. So all I will be missing connecting to Tomtom is the map shares and I can live with that really. So I'll leave as is because I will be in the market for a car upgrade within the next twelve months.

Thanks for you time though
  • tiljestiljes Posts: 249 [Exalted Navigator]
    If you start getting difficulties with SatFix again, you probably need to update the GPS firmware. But there's only an unofficial method for that.
    Right I have finally cracked it and I am running and able to access version 2.20.2.1257

HERE IS THE FIX.

I had my TomTom in its updating cradle connected to the PC.
    I fired up TomTom Home clicked on the "critical update" link and as soon as I saw the file download had finished, I closed the program via "Task Manager"
    I then uninstalled TomTomHome ......so version 2.11.8.600 was no more.
    I opened the download folder and clicked on version 2.20.2.1257

And thats it, it installed and updated my satnav which is now sporting the latest "mapshares" and the latest "Quick GPfix" version. 1566978324
  • Smurf_Tom_2005Smurf_Tom_2005 Posts: 47 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    hello notboris
    With your GO520, you will still have the problem of getting a sat fix.
    connect your Navi to the PC, open the directory of your Navi and then search the file "ttgo.bif"
    You open this with a text editor, for example: Notepad
    and if you still in the GPS firmware version: GSW3.2.4TT_3.1.00.12-C35B1.02
    then you need the unofficial GPS upgrade Sirf3 GWS3.2.5 or GWS3.6.0
    So I've flashed several sat navs successfully. It can be found in a German forum.
    renewed Sat fix after the standby within a few seconds. QuickGPSfix every 7 days, is no longer necessary.

This is a very good upgrade, which Tomtom unfortunately was not able to do (or wanted), but the Germans did it again.
    for TT GO 510, GO 520, GO 630, GO 710, GO 720, GO 730, GO 715, GO 910, GO 920, GO 930, ONE, ONE 2nd Edition, ONE 3Rd (v7), GO 7000 Truck, Rider 1+ 2
    search with Google for: Universal Upgrade GSW3.2.5TT3 & GWS3.6.0 GPS Chip_SIRF-III
    hello notboris
    GPS firmware version: GSW3.2.4TT_3.1.00.12-C35B1.02........

search with Google for: Universal Upgrade GSW3.2.5TT3 & GWS3.6.0 GPS Chip_SIRF-III

Hi Smurf_Tom _2005 thanks for your input it is much appreciated.

yes I'm on the GSW3.3.4TT

And yes it is mind boggling that TomTom has not followed the German lead regards updating the firmware to Sirf3 GWS3.2.5 or GWS3.6.0 But of course TomTom is in the business of selling new units not prolinging older units, nodoubt there in lies the reason.

Having visited a German manufacture based in a sleepy Bavarian village many moons ago on a maintenance course in regard to a machine my then employer had purchased. I became not only an admirer of German hospitality but workplace orginisation, ingenuity and technical inovation. In deed much to my wifes annoyance when on occasion I question her way of doing things ( I'm basically lazy but the up side to that is I'm very productive) I say to her "try being a little bit German"

Unfortueatley only being there for a week or so I was only fluent in ordering beers in german

Anyway up shot is whilst I visited the "Digital Eliteboard" using Goggle translation I see the gist of what is needed. But that said I need pointing to a download link for the said firmware and how to go about flashing it........am I right in thinking I download it onto an SD card, an just switch the sat nav on? Do also need to have a copy of the original firmware incase I cock up

I realise we are on a TomTom supported forum but is there a way in which you could facilitate the above without causing you or I to be barred for confering on the subject.
    I'm a member of >Ford Owners Club< I could open an Original TomTom GO series update
    thread and you couldmaybe visit it or private message me.

hello notboris

And yes it is mind boggling that TomTom has not followed the German lead regards updating the firmware to Sirf3 GWS3.2.5 or GWS3.6.0 But of course TomTom is in the business of selling new units not prolinging older units, nodoubt there in lies the reason.

Having visited a German manufacture based in a sleepy Bavarian village many moons ago on a maintenance course in regard to a machine my then employer had purchased. I became not only an admirer of German hospitality but workplace orginisation, ingenuity and technical inovation. In deed much to my wifes annoyance when on occasion I question her way of doing things ( I'm basically lazy but the up side to that is I'm very productive) I say to her "try being a little bit more German"

Unfortueatley only being there for a week or so I was only fluent in ordering beers.

Anyway up shot is whilst I visited "Digital Eliteboard" using Goggle translation I see the gist of what is needed. But that said I need pointing to a download link for the said firmware and how to go about flashing it........am I right in thinking I download it onto an SD card, and just switch the sat nav on? Do I also need to have a copy of the original firmware in case I cock up, and were would I find a copy of that.

I realise we are on a TomTom supported forum but is there a way in which you could facilitate the above without causing you or I to be barred for breaking any forum rules.
    I'm a member of >Ford Owners Club< I could open an Original TomTom GO series update
    thread and you could maybe visit it, what do you think?

Either way I wont be offended if you choose not to

hello notboris

Having visited a German manufacture based in a sleepy Bavarian village many moons ago on a maintenance course in regard to a machine my then employer had purchased. I became not only an admirer of German hospitality but workplace orginisation, ingenuity and technical inovation. In deed much to my wifes annoyance when on occasion I question her way of doing things ( I'm basically lazy but the up side to that is I'm very productive) I say to her "try being a little bit more German"

Unfortueatley only being there for a week or so I was only fluent in ordering beers.

Anyway up shot is whilst I visited "Digital Eliteboard" using Goggle translation I see the gist of what is needed. But that said I need pointing to a download link for the said firmware and how to go about flashing it........am I right in thinking I download it onto an SD card, and just switch the sat nav on? Do I also need to have a copy of the original firmware in case I cock up, and were would I find a copy of that.

I realise we are on a TomTom supported forum but is there a way in which you could facilitate the above without causing you or I to be barred for breaking any forum rules.

hello notboris

Hi Smurf_Tom _2005 thanks for your input it is much appreciated, yes I'm on the GSW3.3.4TT

edited October 2019
    Thanks Smurf for your input it is much appreciated. I did a longer post than this but for some reason I cannot load it. Not really a problem to me regards the seven day update but yes that firmware update would be a far superior fix. I visited the Digital Eliteboard via Google translate but stuck in regard to where to download the required file and instructions regards it use.

I dont want either of us to break any forum rules regards flashing TomTom products, so maybe I could open up a thread on another forum where I'm a member like "Ford Owners Club" I'm sure there would be some interest on there regards this issue. What do you say to that? If it is a no I will understand and wont be offended.

Cheers
    edited October 2019
    Smurf I've been given a link so sorted thanks

Regards your comment "but the Germans did it again" here is a little story ...

Many moons ago a past employer sent me ( a sparks) and an engineer work colleague to Germany on a maintenance course in regard to a machine the company was about to purchase. The modern purpose built factory was on the outskirts of a beautiful sleepy Bavarian village. I became not only an admirer of German hospitality but workplace orginisation, ingenuity and technical inovation. In deed much to my wifes annoyance when on occasion I question her way of doing things ( I'm basically lazy but the up side to that is I'm very productive) I say to her "try being a little bit more German"

Big thank you to tiljes and Smurf _Tom_2005 for the heads up and that gpsurl english site info

I downloaded both the 3.2.5 and 3.6.0 flash files. Have flashed and now running on the 3.2.5 firmware. May try the 3.6.0 flash at a later date. Simple straight forward instructions ....nice find would recommend.

hello notboris

Universal Upgrade GSW3.2.5TT3 & GWS3.6.0 GPS Chip_SIRF-III
    for TT GO 510, GO 520, GO 630, GO 710, GO 720, GO 730, GO 715, GO 910, GO 920, GO 930, ONE, ONE 2nd Edition, ONE 3Rd (v7), GO 7000 Truck, Driver 1 + 2
    Question:
    Maybe I could open a thread in another forum where I'm a member like Ford Owners Club. I am sure there is interest there concerning this problem. What do you say?
    Answer:
    if you write from where the software comes from, you can do it gladly.

https://www.digital-eliteboard.com/resources/universal-upgrade-gsw3-2-5tt3-gws3-6-0-gps-chip_sirf-iii.5085/

http://charlie62.free.fr/Download/Flash_FW_3.6.0.zip
    http://www.rima-lock.com/ttconv-v11.zip

tiljes, digi2000, Smurf_Tom_2005
    If it is alright posting links on TomTom forums regards possible alternative fixes for known TomTom issues it is more relevent that it can be found here I suppose.

I found the The Satellite Problem section on this thread by Charlie62 very helpfull especially in regard to
    3) The ultimate solution: update the firmware.

gpsurl.com/tomtom-truck/247311-consequences-wnro-x20-x30-7000-x40-x50-9000-using-navcore-truck-9-702-solutions.html

It is inspiring how peeps from all over the world come together in the common cause of solution finding...there is hope for the human race yet.

Went for a good test run yesterday and it is working flawlessly, so I will not connect to TomTom Home for a month and see how it performs.

hello notboris
    you can do your test run 1, 2, 4, 8 weeks, you will always have the same result. IT WORKS, even without GPS Quick fix from TT-Home