Premium X, wont work with delays, road blocks automatically — TomTom Community

Premium X, wont work with delays, road blocks automatically

If there is a roadblock or something, it says xxx 10 min delay. Why does it no longer automatically find a new alternative route? On older models I would be driving along and it would say xxx jam, or 15 min delay and ask if I want to take the faster route, it wont do this any more.

I can manually select an alternative route

Another annoying bug, is when I do select a faster route, it may take me off the motoway, down the slip road and back up the other side back onto the motorway and still not reached the road block yet.

Like I said I can manually select alternative routes, but the automatic find a faster route because road conditions have changed no longer works

Not tryed my 6200 to see if its still doing the same, but this new premium x is totally lost

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,497
    Superusers
    edited September 2019
    Hi
    @kingjohn6200

Check your settings
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Route planning....
    In Route planning it doesn't say "ALWAYS SHOW FASTEST ROUTE"
    Option... (1) Says "When a faster route is available"
    I always choose "Ask me so I can choose"

Option... (2) further down says "Always plan this type of route"
    I always choose "Fastest route"

My Device always plans the "Fastest route" and if a faster route becomes available the device asks me if I want to take it...

If on the 2nd option you choose "Always take the fastest route " then the device would not ask if want to take the new faster route it would automatically recalculate and take the revised faster route

ATB YFM
  • kingjohn6200kingjohn6200 Posts: 122 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    already set like that
    Superusers
    edited September 2019
    Hi
    @kingjohn6200

I've just reread your initial post and your statements appear contradict each other.....
    If there is a roadblock or something, it says xxx 10 min delay. Why does it no longer automatically find a new alternative route?
    On older models I would be driving along and it would say xxx jam, or 15 min delay and ask if I want to take the faster route, it wont do this any more.
    You can't have the device automatically take a faster route and and ask you it you want to take the faster route

My GO Premium always plans the "Fastest route" and if a faster route becomes available the device asks me if I want to take it... Yes/No

Recheck your settings
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Route planning....
    In Route planning it doesn't say "ALWAYS SHOW FASTEST ROUTE"
    Option... (1) Says "When a faster route is available"
    I always choose "Ask me so I can choose"

Option... (2) further down says "Always plan this type of route"
    I always choose "Fastest route"

My Device always plans the "Fastest route" and if a faster route becomes available the device asks me if I want to take it...

4289e5c6-2571-4ed2-b4a4-193a29abfe8a.jpg
    There is also the feature Alternate route by steering....
    You may not have noticed the Green Info Blob on the Route Bar
    It's easy to miss can be hidden behind other Route Bar Icons (Tap on an Icon to expand the Route Bar)

701e396e-c2e8-4064-b45b-f5069ac8ec22.jpg
    If you Tap on the Green Blob the Preview screen opens showing the time saved and an overview of the Green Alternate route (May need to pinch Zoom-in for detail)

847b8315-1337-4494-9cbf-ebf5771f2e55.jpg
    When an Alternate route is found, a Green Blob with the time saved appears on the Route Bar (It's really easy to miss)
    Then at xxx yards before the Green Alternate route, the device gives a quick 'Dong' 'Dong' warning (In my opinion far too late to be able to change lanes etc...) at this point you are supposed to steer on to the new Green Route
    If you ignore the Green Route the device will continue along the original route
    If you follow the Green Route the driving instructions will switch to the new Green Route

ATB YFM
  • KingJohnPremiumKingJohnPremium Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited September 2019
    You totally lost me, and didnt understand my comments.

Older devices like the 730 use to find a better root because of a delay. It would say road block ahead taking a faster root.

The 6200 and premium x are the same unit, they both ask "there is a faster root found" and will give the time saved. They both also say if there is a roadblock. But only after I have asked the question to avoid xxxx

They dont ask anything automatically, if during the root a fast root is found, for any reason, they suppost to tell you and ask if you want to take the root

My settings are correct, nothing to change.

1, they never offer a faster root automatically, even though they had announced a 15 min delay, then I have to tell the unit to find a alternative root, which isnt a faster root, just a root at that time that may or may not be faster, but passes the road block which could be boaring 20 mph

2, I ask to avoid delay, it will sometimes put up alternative roots,, one might say -12 min but if I select it because there is a road block on a motoway, the device instructs to turn left off the motoway down a slip road and back up onto the same motoway at the same location, not saving any time.

Please let someone else reply if you cant follow my post, as they dont contradictxat all, your post was meaningless
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,170
    Superuser
    Hi @KingJohnPremium

The second para of your most recent post says that on the Old unit the unit advised there was a faster route and then recalculated it and directed in that direction. you do not suggest that it asked you if you wanted to take the Faster route Yes or No.

Your 3 para suggests you new units say there is a faster route and asks you to advise it whether you want to take the faster route found.

On your new units if you

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Route preferences

The first option is whether or not you want the unit to Suggest Destinations if no route set.

The second option is asking When a Faster Route is Available. There you can set the unit to Aways take the faster route ( in line with Para 2) or you can set it to tell you there is a faster route and you can choose to take it or not (in line with Para 3) or you can set it to Do no ask so you will not hear anything. Your Para 4 suggests you have set Do Not Ask

The 3rd Option is giving you the option to Set what type of route you want the unit to Plan ie Fastest, Shortest etc.

The second Option and 3rd Option are completely different.

What settings have you got on your unit.

Doug
    Superusers
    Hi
    @KingJohnPremium

Are you using a Computer Voice ???

My setttings.... Sounds & Warnings
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Sounds & Warnings
    9fz8f86lrewi.jpg
    87xbu1egirqi.jpg
    277up9xb8h1k.jpg

My Device is set to always plans the "Fastest route" and if a faster route becomes available the device definitely asks me if I want to take the faster route...
    x9bo5s14u9k4.png
    ATB YFM