Bluetooth connectivity issues for Wi-Fi devices and iOS 13 - Page 22 — TomTom Community

Bluetooth connectivity issues for Wi-Fi devices and iOS 13

Comments

• HarmvanveghelHarmvanveghel Posts: 25 [Master Explorer]
    the ios mydrive app states the devices it supports, the rider 500 and 550 are not in the list ???
  • Nigel ANigel A Posts: 121 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited February 1
    Not really surprising, especial as Tomtom doesn't support the Rider 500 and 550. They might sell the 500 / 550 but they don't support the 500 and 550 :(
  • Luigimita82Luigimita82 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Nigel A wrote: »
    Not really surprising, especial as Tomtom doesn't support the Rider 500 and 550. They might sell the 500 / 550 but they don't support the 500 and 550 :(

.....no comment
  • juresjures Posts: 101 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    App updated today with ‘bug fixes’.....
    Is there anyone out there, who doesn't have a life, going to bother trying this ? ;)
    Bugger couldn't resist it ! Yes its working again ! No I'm not sitting up for another hour to see if it still is ! ;) Will try it again tomorrow !
    Its not working....
    Checked the 500 this morning ! same setup ! Oh yea no phone , messaging etc. I really must learn the the rider 500 is a wast of time and space.
    edited February 4
    not working....bleah!! I am disgusted.

After 2 minutes the BT connection go up and down, up and down....

For my curiosity, I tried the Rider 550 with Samsung Galaxy A10 of my wife, and all work fine

I have more desire to switch to a Garmin Zumo XT...
  • aliasGEBaliasGEB Posts: 40 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Confirm.. I'm using since months an Android one only for my Bike!!! I have my iPhone plus and android one.. Samsung A10 too.. it works very well and cost is very poor... anyhow this mean TT is not able to solve the compatibility issues... Shame.. Shame ... Shame
    edited March 2
    I have update to the last version MyDrive app and Rider 550....nothing seems to have changed

Same problems, same unstable BT connection with iPhone 12 Pro Max and iOS 14.4....
    edited March 2
    Did they implement today my/ours workaround???
    8650i5p9ahh3.jpeg
    i think that they workaround isn't working.... with my device the BT connection is very unstable also after the last update.
  • aliasGEBaliasGEB Posts: 40 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Disgusted!!!
  • jatcojatco Posts: 93 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Since being on Med leave and not needing a GPS on a daily basis, I just check my GO for new updates to keep the unit up to date. Have had issues with compatibility for a Long time. Now, if I need it, it's just for basic directions. No bells or whistles.
    I remember using it in our Italy road trip 2 years ago and it sent me on a route that got me squeezed in between buildings so tight, that we had to retract the side view mirrors to s, close to get thru. A 'hair raising' experience... We laugh about it now.
    The TT is a nice dash ornament..!!
  • GuntherVGuntherV Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    I’ve updated mydrive and the firmware of my TT rider 500. Bluetooth connections are rather stable when I switch the hotspot on. Mydrive still says my device is out of reach, and furthermore, since the firmwareupdate, the sensitivity of the screen (even with ‘no gloves’ on) is waaaaay too high. It took me 10 minutes to enter my WiFi password….
    Correction : Bluetooth is still unstable :-(
    Does this update do anything ? or does it make it even worse ? Not sure whether to try it or not. Rider550 and iphone.
    edited March 5
    In my experience the firmware update of the device has made it almost impossible to click the correct icon or letters, because the sensitivity is too high
    Hi GuntherV, sensitivity adjustment no help? I'm tempted to try the update, but have little faith in Tomtom. Opinions anyone else ?
    No, set it to ‘no gloves’ and even looking at the screen triggers a reaction :-). And that worked fine before the update of the firmware
  • kevinseddonkevinseddon Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Just bought a Rider 550 and reading about the problems with Live Traffic and iPhone. I have iPhone 7 with IOS 14.4. Would be pleased to hear whether these problems still exist and if so is there a workaround? Also does the same problem exist on Android phones? Thanks
    I have a rider 550 and iphone. No the problems have not been solved, there is a work around that will give you traffic but you wont get Bluetooth phone calls / messaging. I don't think Tomtom know enough about this sort of technology to solve the problems. Its still a nice unit if you accept it as a dumbed down cheapo version of the Rider 400. Unfortunately its no exactly cheap.
  • StromminoStrommino Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    how is it possible that TomTom, the market leader, cannot get his device to work with iOS Bluetooth? Yet garmin, with his new zumo XT has no problems whatsoever! the MyDrive app does not allow you to import gpx files into it by sharing from other apps, why is garmin able to do this? I will have to abandon TomTom unfortunately, too many problems with this new series ...
  • Kunoro14Kunoro14 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited April 6
    this is a comment in response to a complaint found on fb 2h ago
    "Hi Lars,
    We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused in this matter. To resolve the issue, we recently released an update on both the Mydrive app and the device. We request you to install these updates and then start a fresh pairing. Test the connectivity and if you still face any issue please send us a private message with the serial number of your device and your registered email address and we will assist you accordingly.
    ^TomTom"

Has anyone tried to do the pairing?