Bluetooth connectivity issues for Wi-Fi devices and iOS 13 - Page 21 — TomTom Community

Bluetooth connectivity issues for Wi-Fi devices and iOS 13

Comments

• Nigel ANigel A Posts: 121 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    That's the most frustrating thing about the 550, whatever you try, works for a short while, then packs up again. Then its back to the old work around to get it partially working. This is totally beyond Tomtoms knowledge and ability, as for the "PLEASE HELP US" Don't bother holding your breath. :(
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,233
    Superusers
    edited January 26
    Hi
    @2019TracerGT
    Welcome to the site....
    There's an unresolved problem with the Apple iPhone iOS 13 & 14 and the and the MyDrive App's advanced Smartphone features... If you can live without the bells & whistles of the MyDrive App...
    Just use a straight simple Bluetooth Connection....

Some tips you may want to see/try....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1741299/#Comment_1741299

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • juresjures Posts: 101 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Group, after 1 year app was today UPDATED.

Lets try.....
    My god it looks like issues are fixed! The setup for BT is now different and after 3 restarts of rider550 all seems to work.

So it confirms TomTom was the problem
  • 70dodgert426h70dodgert426h Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have just updated the My Drive App. I have an IPhone second gen se using iOS 13.5.1. This phone has never connected since I bought it. With updated app and fresh Bluetooth pairing it's connected every time. Like jures said finally after a year wait it appears to be fixed.
  • Luigimita82Luigimita82 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    The connectivity problem is not fixed for me. I have rider 550 and iPhone 12 Pro Max (iOS 14.4)
    I have also 14.4 - its fixed. Erase all pairing and pair through app. Pairing is now very straight forward and dont forget to approve the ‘second bt pairing’ during process and return to app to finish.
    Also as aleays iphone hotspot must be enabled, as Tomtom uses iphone bt hotspot.

Not wifi!
    i have erased all pairing and i have create new through app but the problem is the same. On my iphone i see 2 rider 550 BT connection and one of this don't work correctly..:-(
    Bloody hell !!!! it actually works !!!! Fingers crossed that it keeps working. Have got Bluetooth and wifi hot spot enabled on the phone and app. Will try it out a few times during the day, As for actually going anywhere, well that a different problem !!! Wow!
    i have erased all pairing and i have create new through app but the problem is the same. On my iphone i see 2 rider 550 BT connection and one of this don't work correctly..:-(
    Because you dont have hotspot up probably
    Nigel A wrote: »
    Bloody hell !!!! it actually works !!!! Fingers crossed that it keeps working. Have got Bluetooth and wifi hot spot enabled on the phone and app. Will try it out a few times during the day, As for actually going anywhere, well that a different problem !!! Wow!
    No need for wifi connection
    edited January 31
    jures wrote: »
    Because you dont have hotspot up probably

yes, i have only BT hotspot enable.

What is exactly the procedure that you have performed?
    Oh well that was fantastic for a little while, Got the 550 out this afternoon, switched on, second Bluetooth channel "connecting" / "not in range" Thought it was too good to last :(
    Oh well that was fantastic for a little while, Got the 550 out this afternoon, switched on, second Bluetooth channel "connecting" / "not in range" Thought it was too good to last :(

ah ok...also for me. No news for this update...TomTom a disaster
    I really don't understand, worked perfectly this morning, turned both devices on / off / turned upside down / pointed north south etc. worked perfectly every time. Turned on this PM same settings no changes and...... Back to where I was, what a wast of time. :(
  • jatcojatco Posts: 93 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    What's the point of having 'hi-tech' products if you can't have Hi-tech bells and whistles...?? I haven't tried my GO yet...haven't been needing GPS.
    edited January 31
    I really don't understand, worked perfectly this morning, turned both devices on / off / turned upside down / pointed north south etc. worked perfectly every time. Turned on this PM same settings no changes and...... Back to where I was, what a wast of time. :(

mydrive is buggy and probably the devices are no longer compatible with Ios13+...sad but true. The only change in the last update is the support for a new model (GO Discover)

Same here - problems are back. I cant believe this - it really worked. Now its gone.
    OK my first discovery. there is a warning message on iphone that BT will interfear Wifi connection. Turn off WIFI on phone - and try then.
    It looks like Wifi if turned on phone 'overtakes' BT. If this is the case ,then OK, because we want BT on bike and dont need wifi on phone at that time. The whole point is to use BT connection for GPS and mobilmobile data of phone at that time.

Yes - and vice versa. When you turn on Wifi on phone, the BT connection on gps disconnects - this seems is it. If I do that then I turn off wifi on phone, turn off/on BT and connection to gps is back
    Please try with wifi on phone TURNED OFF several times
    But defenetely tomTom again released a non verified app....its up and down
    Yes - and vice versa. When you turn on Wifi on phone, the BT connection on gps disconnects - this seems is it. If I do that then I turn off wifi on phone, turn off/on BT and connection to gps is back
    Please try with wifi on phone TURNED OFF several times[/quote]

Yup worked again.... for nearly 20 seconds ! What a wast of time, now sod all works again, will go back and use the original work round. Thanks for your attempts Jures, and others, but I think we are all wasting out time. And thank you Tomtom, for sod all.
  • jatcojatco Posts: 93 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    So much for that......!!
    Please try with wifi on phone TURNED OFF several times

Yup worked again.... for nearly 20 seconds ! What a wast of time, now sod all works again, will go back and use the original work round. Thanks for your attempts Jures, and others, but I think we are all wasting out time. And thank you Tomtom, for sod all.
    [/quote]
    True, I am also backo to my original workaround (and back to Garmin) tomtom will go back tondrawer

edited February 1
    will be interesting to understand if the new discovery will suffer the same problem or not....