Bluetooth connectivity issues for Wi-Fi devices and iOS 13 - Page 20 — TomTom Community

Bluetooth connectivity issues for Wi-Fi devices and iOS 13

1141516171820»

Comments

• juresjures Posts: 84 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited September 18
    When you write the trouth.....
    jures wrote: »
    Admin: I removed the reference to beta. You have signed an NDA!
    I dont know what it means but it looks like someone at tomtom is reading this thread - BUT DOES NOTHING!
    Yes we are pi**ed users!

• ommoranommoran Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    So, on September 24, 2020, Apple released iOS 14.01, with bug fixes.

MyDrive has not been updated for either iOS or Android in over a year now. Can Tomtom not just abandon Mydrive and give an update to the units that have them set up properly?

The fix is onerous and ridiculous. Crossposting to Twitter.
  • olaf-karlsenolaf-karlsen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi

Just a short update. I have a TomTom Go Essential with life traffic data and it seems like everybody else after update my iOS with 12.x to 13.x - the life traffic didn't work normal with BT connection. I tried everything, contacted TomTom support several times. The answer was more or less everytime.. try to restore phone, try to restore navigation unit + bla. bla. bla. So I used maybe around 15-20 hours on this.

I wrote a note here in this forum and a guy called Doug (Douglas) answered. This was a well know issue etc.

The problem is that this was also well know for TomTom so why not just say it - why try to make it believe that I'm the only user with an iPhone having the issue and let me spend so many hours with the issue. Therefore I considering to invoice TomTom for some of the hours.

The good news is that with the iOS update to 14.x - know life traffic data works with BT i.e. one BT connection for handsfree and the other BT connection sharing data. So that the great news.

But I must admit that I not very happy about how TomTom support handlede this case. Also the closed my tickets even though I stated to them "please do not close this ticket before the issue is solved. Please also consider to put the ticket to high instead of normal importance".

TomTom Traffic when it works! I love it.
    TomTom Support!!! hmmm, you most be joking.
  • Hanshenrik1Hanshenrik1 Posts: 20 [Legendary Explorer]
    The ios update 14x on my iphone has not solved the problem.I agree that the support from TomTom is worthless.
    Hi

Just a short update. I have a TomTom Go Essential with life traffic data and it seems like everybody else after update my iOS with 12.x to 13.x - the life traffic didn't work normal with BT connection. I tried everything, contacted TomTom support several times. The answer was more or less everytime.. try to restore phone, try to restore navigation unit + bla. bla. bla. So I used maybe around 15-20 hours on this.

I wrote a note here in this forum and a guy called Doug (Douglas) answered. This was a well know issue etc.

The problem is that this was also well know for TomTom so why not just say it - why try to make it believe that I'm the only user with an iPhone having the issue and let me spend so many hours with the issue. Therefore I considering to invoice TomTom for some of the hours.

The good news is that with the iOS update to 14.x - know life traffic data works with BT i.e. one BT connection for handsfree and the other BT connection sharing data. So that the great news.

But I must admit that I not very happy about how TomTom support handlede this case. Also the closed my tickets even though I stated to them "please do not close this ticket before the issue is solved. Please also consider to put the ticket to high instead of normal importance".

TomTom Traffic when it works! I love it.
    TomTom Support!!! hmmm, you most be joking.
    Hi if tou look at my workaround few posts back you will see that data works from the start no mater of Ios (traffic and mydrive). Its just impossible to have data and smart features at the same time because for that you need pairing through tomtom app, and if tou do that you are screwed....until they fix BT interface inside the app we stand no chance of using this features
  • SSinghTTGO500SSinghTTGO500 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    I have tried to reset the iphone, the TT device and completed a restore as per directions that I found on TT's support website. Not sure what to do next. Please advise.
  • Hanshenrik1Hanshenrik1 Posts: 20 [Legendary Explorer]
    Sorry , there is nothing you can do.Make an complain to TomTom.Sure it will not solve the problem.
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    My IPhone Xr, IOS 14.0.1, comments: “If you use “TomTom RIDER 550” this can inflict your wifi- and Bluetooth-connection.” And it does: no My drive and no traffic connection. I have tried all tips & tricks, but nothing works. This feels like € 500 down the drain.
    Please TomTom, update to a functional device quickly!!
    The only solution os workaround few pages back