Bluetooth connectivity issues for Wi-Fi devices and iOS 13 - Page 15 — TomTom Community

Bluetooth connectivity issues for Wi-Fi devices and iOS 13

Comments

• juresjures Posts: 84 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    By the way - Happy anniversary everyone its been 1/2 years from start of this threat (problem)
  • Kunoro14Kunoro14 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited March 20
    I'm Italian, I'm in the coronavirus period and I'm pissed. I don't write in English because I don't know him .. I read every comment of this topic. It is impossible that an international company like TOMTOM has not yet solved this problem in 8 months .. WAKE UP. In the meantime I will make you bad publicity.

Mod edit: Machine translated(Italian)
    edited March 20
    Don't make me throw away 300 euros... please...

Admin edit: machine translated from Italian
    iOS 13.4 out. Problem remains
  • jatcojatco Posts: 90 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Haven't been on the road for a few weeks, returning from holiday to find I have to be in 'self-quarantine' , so I can't say if there's been any improvement...which I doubt. - Not a priority now.!
    edited March 26
    I confirm .. it still does not work .. I wanted to ask .. I see that however I can pass the itineraries from cell phone to TT .. is it a connection via wifi or transmitting via BT?

• Luigimita82Luigimita82 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I think that TomTom isn't able to find a solution to this problem....I have lost all hope
  • GirazGiraz Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    Hi, I just landed here since I was discussing with others user about TomTom Rider 550 and bt issues.
    I would like to say that on my side everything work fine, and I don't know if I'm just lucky or what, and maybe I can help discovering a solution.

My setup:
    • TomTom Rider 550 19.201.0010.411 (27/09/2019)
    • iPhone X iOS 13.4
    • App MyDrive v2.10.1

I have double bt connection on iPhone settings with connected status, and traffic and MyDrive services up and running.

I just need not to have a wifi network available, during the tests, otherwise TomTom will connect through it, ad one of the two bt connection would be disconnected, and also MyDrive app would say that TomTom device is not reachable.

I can do some more test if needed.
  • aliasGEBaliasGEB Posts: 35 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I've the same config and IT IS NOT WORKING!!
    it works only on first pair, when you turn off the device it won't connect via BT anymore the 2 connections and MyAPP are not running and find TT device.
    NOT SOLVED.. clearly TT is not anymore the company leader on GPS, they are not able to develop any change on their existing software.. they was acquired few months ago and probably all good tech have leaved the company... maybe we will find out them in Garmin...
    edited April 3
    Giraz wrote: »
    Hi, I just landed here since I was discussing with others user about TomTom Rider 550 and bt issues.
    I would like to say that on my side everything work fine, and I don't know if I'm just lucky or what, and maybe I can help discovering a solution.

My setup:
    • TomTom Rider 550 19.201.0010.411 (27/09/2019)
    • iPhone X iOS 13.4
    • App MyDrive v2.10.1

I have double bt connection on iPhone settings with connected status, and traffic and MyDrive services up and running.

I just need not to have a wifi network available, during the tests, otherwise TomTom will connect through it, ad one of the two bt connection would be disconnected, and also MyDrive app would say that TomTom device is not reachable.

I can do some more test if needed.

I just need not to have a wifi network available,

Thats the thing. It always works if you have wifi. This forum is about BT connection. Turn of wifi and join the group.... traffic works only without app with BT
    jures wrote: »

Thats the thing. It always works if you have wifi. This forum is about BT connection. Turn of wifi and join the group.... traffic works only without app with BT
    I’m saying that it works with no configured Wi-Fi in range both for TomTom and iPhone. I specify because if people do tests at home, they usually also have Wi-Fi configured, and based on my tests, this cause issues.

It works just with bt as it should.
    I don’t know why, but it works for me.

aliasGEB wrote: »
    it works only on first pair, when you turn off the device it won't connect via BT anymore the 2 connections and MyAPP are not running and find TT device.
    NOT SOLVED.. clearly TT is not anymore the company leader on GPS, they are not able to develop any change on their existing software.. they was acquired few months ago and probably all good tech have leaved the company... maybe we will find out them in Garmin...

Did you open the mobile app before switching on the TomTom (or wakening it from standby)?

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,157 [Revered Voyager]
    (Tomtom) was acquired few months ago and probably all good tech have leaved the company... maybe we will find out them in Garmin...
    How did you learn the company sale? It sounds phony to me. They did unload their Telematics (fleet management) business last year but I've seen no news about any change that affects their mapping or navigation activities.
    If you have a look online you will found the Huawei Technologies agreement with TT, and it seem they are partners to install TT Vs Google maps on Huawei devices but after it TT is focussed now only to supply software compatible with Huawei OS and they are dismissing hardware division...(news online).
    So this is an agreement but it seem an acquisition not declared, and after 6 months without any software update on TT firmware or not care on iOS problems (15 pages only on this tread) sound as they are not interested to solve it on 50% of existing or potentially customers.. so they have clear different focus or money makers from Huawei.
    Giraz wrote: »
    jures wrote: »

I’m saying that it works with no configured Wi-Fi in range both for TomTom and iPhone. I specify because if people do tests at home, they usually also have Wi-Fi configured, and based on my tests, this cause issues.

It works just with bt as it should.
    I don’t know why, but it works for me.

Did you open the mobile app before switching on the TomTom (or wakening it from standby)?

It doesnt work. Now if you are managing by opening the app every time prior thats not what it suppose to be....it means on rides you need to take phone out and do it every break....
    Then I prefere to have constant traffic without smart features over BT (the way I described)
    Just one question? In your version do you have smart features (sms, calls etc) on gps?

If NO than you have same conclusions
    Intried and I confirm, no Smart features still, and wven if you pair now over the app the device does not pair over the app it pairs with phone only. After younpair go to app and younwill see there is still no device in the app settings. It pairs only with phone.

Somehow tomtom managed to implement the workaroumd I found!!
    But still no full features!
    MyDrive app must be open on mobile phone, to have a proper internet communication over bt. This is a requirement, as far as I remember from documentation.

I have smart functionalities (messages, whatsapp, calls) plus traffic and mydrive services, up an running, all over bt.

I'm not saying that I don't believe the issue exists, but for some funny reason it's working on my setup,, and I share this to be kind of a help for someone.

Sorry for italian in screenshots:

cwru55vpc7cc.jpeg
    slcb84q8xtcw.jpeg
    m3qhps181t1r.png
    00uidqhuqz0i.png
    edited April 6
    I confirm!
    I have always been presented with the problem of the connection between TT and Iphone
    but since I make the initial BT connection between iphone and TT with the mydrive app open and disconnecting all the devices from the wifi network, everything connects correctly. Can anyone confirm?

Not for me. i have status connected over bt and features connected but
    - smart features not working on screen
    - app still says no phone connected (and not possible to connect over app

And on occasions it dropsmcpb60m9yc51.jpeg
    7rd0omknp928.png
    vngny74gh7gk.jpeg
    I double confirm deleted all from phone BT and reinstalled app went from scratch - same problem.
    edited April 4
    1njr1mvgg8fl.jpeg
    As always same problem
    edited April 4
    Following Giraz instruction but slightly different due to not working if not

Now it seem ok after a couple of turned off.. TT and Cell too.. never seen it before!!!!

Disconnect Cell and TT from wifi
    Delete TT from BT connections from iPhone and delete iPhone from TT too
    then uninstall MyApp and reinstall it
    Open MyApp
    Tourn On TT
    Pair via BT the TT... wait for MyApp asks to finalize the second BT connection...
    Seem OK....

Wait a moment... during the time I wrote it.. as usual ... connection lost from MyAPP... so unchanged!!
    I dunno guys, maybe it could be related to year of production of TT, and different bt hardware inside?
    I bought mine in June 2018.

For sake of curiosity I would like to reset pairing, uninstall and reinstall app and try to pair them again..
    edited April 4
    My TT is as yours, same software.. my iPhone is 8
    but same problem with 7 and SE with iOS13.. it works well with iOS 12
    My Drive as the same too

so... have you tried to call yourself ?? this because often connection seem active but TT doesn't manage the call or message.. and MyApp doesn't find TT anymore
    I have for sure messages notifications running. I don't care about incoming calls notification, and usually I don't use this functions, since it creates some problems with my intercom and background alerts from TT.
    I will have a try.