Why won't my routes sync with my GO 6200? — TomTom Community

Why won't my routes sync with my GO 6200?

BrianEBrianE Posts: 542 [Exalted Navigator]
I don't normally pre-plan routes, but today I thought I would give it a try, since the sat nav is incapable of avoiding single-track country lanes. However, the test routes I created have not shown any sign of transferring to my sat nav. Both devices are connected to my TomTom account and I have selected the sync switch in MyDrive, but it hasn't worked. Can anyone advise me please?

Comments

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,887
    Superusers
    Do you see the Cloud Symbol in the mainmenü of your satnav?
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 542 [Exalted Navigator]
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    Do you see the Cloud Symbol in the mainmenü of your satnav?

Yes
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,743
    Superusers
    Hi
    @BrianE

Is it an .ITN Route are there more than 20 Stops ???

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @BrianE

Is it an .ITN Route are there more than 20 Stops ???

ATB YFM

No to both.poxkialu3frl.png
    lmu0ezw891wj.png
    1uvs447c9isy.png
    Superusers
    In the moment everything looks right. When you send a destination, is it transmitted?
    Not sure why I should need to "send to destination" as I have sync enabled. Also, if I do send it to my device, it plans the route from my current location and not as shown on my computer screen. This is highly-confusing and not intuative at all.
    dnnmo93njm0y.png
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,743
    Superusers
    edited September 2019
    Hi
    @BrianE

On the MyDrive Web Route planner, If you are planning a .ITN Route From Mill Wood Drive, Worcester to Finepoint Way, Kidderminster and using Send Destination or Send Stops option...,
    And if Mill Wood Drive is NOT your present location the MDW Route planner will plan the route from your present location to Finepoint Way, Kidderminster and DROP Mill Wood Drive, Worcester from the .ITN Route
    See my Workaround for a Fix

If you are planning a .GPX Track you need to use the option 'Save to My Routes'... A new window opens... Then use Save + Sync....

Maybe Useful....

If you are planning a .GPX Track you need to use the option 'Save to My Routes' a new window opens then use Save + Sync....
    The Save & Sync option save a .GPX Track... its basicly a bread crumb track that you follow

A Route planned directly on the device is a .ITN Route, a .ITN Route uses Stops and the device plans the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it

Using a .ITN Route planned on the MDW Route planner...
    The latest version of MyDrive Web Route planner now uses 'Send Destination' or 'Send Stops' to send an .ITN Route
    The MyDrive Web Route planner only sends the route to the device as a Destination... Or if you add Stops it send it as a Route (But it's is not automatically saved in MyRoutes)
    If you are using .ITN route and 'Send Stops'
    see my workaround below

x9kkavu7m0o4.jpg

qkw01ev5tv6s.jpg

Complex Muti Stop .ITN Route Rider 400
    lv3gbgezr1sx.jpg

Be Aware....
    If your starting point IS NOT your present location there's a BUG
    When using the 'Send Stops' option, during an "A" to "B" route transfer where 'A' IS NOT your present location... The device drops Location "A"
    This bug also applies also to Multi-Stop/Waypoint routes... 'A' to 'B' to 'C' to' D' to 'E' etc...

For more info See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1198253/#Comment_1198253

This is the workaround method I use....

The Tomtom MyDrive Web Route Planner....
    Get it Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

(1).... Plan my Route with the MyDrive Web Route planner (With or Without Stops as required)

(2)... Zoom in... Place a Sacrificial stop close to the Start Icon

8eaec27f-eba6-4332-bbb7-38ecfdac3110.png
    (4)... Choose the 'Send Stops' option... The route will sync to your device

(5)... The device will calculate your route from your 'Present location'
    (5.1)... The device will calculate your route using Stops in the order that you placed the Stops in the route
    (5.2)... If the planned Start of the Route is your 'Present location'... Then skip Bullet-point... (6)

(6)...When the route has calculated, Pinch zoom to the correct start of your Route (The Sacrificial Stop Icon) 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Sacrificial Stop Icon --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'
    The device will calculate your route from your new location

(7)... Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options
    Note... (2) The MyDrive Web Route planner will sync a route with a Max of 20 stops

ATB YFM
    Superusers
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    In the moment everything looks right. When you send a destination, is it transmitted?
    BrianE wrote: »
    Not sure why I should need to "send to destination" as I have sync enabled.
    With this step I just wanted to make sure that the communication between MyDrive and your device takes place at all.

Thanks for the explanations guys. This is all so complicated and shouldn't be necessary on expensive devices like these.

I was hoping that I could just plan a route on MyRoute-app, for which I have a lifetime licence, as I prefer it to TT MyDrive. I can plan the route OK and import it in MyDrive as a .gpx file, but then it all goes pear-shaped when trying to transfer it to the sat nav.

Here's a question to ponder - if TomTom are not working to fix the various problems we have reported to them, what on earth are they spending their time on?
    I've just created a new test route using MyDrive, but it's still not appearing on my GO6200, even though my sat nav is logged into my account. Have I missed any important steps?
    b8948i9pmgwf.png
    I've reset the device and it's working now.