[Suggestion] Folders in My Places — TomTom Community

[Suggestion] Folders in My Places

Hello folks,

I really enjoy how easy in use and helpful My Places is, but adding a lot of places makes navigating through the list a bit time consuming, even though the list is in alphabetic order.

May I suggest adding an option to add folders? Would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Sahin

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,629
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Sahin96

When using 'MyPlaces' menu you don't have to search down the long list of MyPlaces

Searching MyPlaces....

The MyPlaces appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen

Say in MyPlaces you have...
    Costa Worcester
    Costa Bromsgrove
    Costa Droitwitch
    Costa Bridgnorth

Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    If you Type say 'C' a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen
    Either continue to type 'Costa b' and the Costa Bromsgrove and Costa Bridgnorth outlets will display at the top of the list
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    Or
    Then type say 'C' and a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen continue to type 'Costa
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and a full list of costa outlets will display
    After completing your search, to navigate to a 'MyPlace'... Tap the required MyPlace --> Tap the 'Drive' Icon or Tap on the 3Dot Icon, a quick menu will open with more options

PS... Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search type say 'T' on the right-hand side of the Search screen will be all of your MyPlaces beginning with 'T'
    But on the left-hand side of the Search screen will be a list of your recent destinations beginning with 'T'
    Don't forget to Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    PPS... There is also a dual Icon with 3 Lines & 2 Circles...

bf5c60ee-cdb2-4ca7-bcae-a1f0f9623372.jpg
    Tap the the 3 Lines or 2 Circles to toggle between List & Map view
    Tap the Keyboard Icon to return to the Keyboard & Search menu

ATB YFM
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,187 [Revered Voyager]
    edited September 2019
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    When using 'MyPlaces' menu you don't have to search down the long list of MyPlaces

Searching MyPlaces....

This applies to Android GO Mobile? MyPlaces are in the Points of Interest search.
  • Sahin96Sahin96 Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    edited September 2019
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Sahin96

Searching MyPlaces....

Say in MyPlaces you have...
    Costa Worcester
    Costa Bromsgrove
    Costa Droitwitch
    Costa Bridgnorth

If you Type say 'C' a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen
    Either continue to type 'Costa b' and the Costa Bromsgrove and Costa Bridgnorth outlets will display at the top of the list
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    Or
    Then type say 'C' and a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen continue to type 'Costa
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and a full list of costa outlets will display
    After completing your search, to navigate to a 'MyPlace'... Tap the required MyPlace --> Tap the 'Drive' Icon or Tap on the 3Dot Icon, a quick menu will open with more options

PS... Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search type say 'T' on the right-hand side of the Search screen will be all of your MyPlaces beginning with 'T'
    But on the left-hand side of the Search screen will be a list of your recent destinations beginning with 'T'
    Don't forget to Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    PPS... There is also a dual Icon with 3 Lines & 2 Circles...

bf5c60ee-cdb2-4ca7-bcae-a1f0f9623372.jpg
    Tap the the 3 Lines or 2 Circles to toggle between List & Map view
    Tap the Keyboard Icon to return to the Keyboard & Search menu

ATB YFM

Thanks for the reply.

If the phone is in landscape mode while you search, indeed Points of Interest - where locations from My Places appear - are shown as well.

A downside in my opinion is that it searches for stuff beginning with the letters you type down. Using your example, typing "Br" wont make Bromsgrove appear.

Furthermore I honestly want to type as less as possible, let alone remember what I have to type. Having folders on top of My Places would be user friendly, I think. Especially in Android where pressing and holding down the app icon pops up a direct link to My Places! In a hurry, keyboard is just no good (for me) mate.
  • lneamlneam Posts: 85 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Hi Sahin96,

from my experience, the companies don't care about the 0.001 % of users likes or suggests to change or add something to the application. And if we said to them ... "the "name" of app, why they have this option ?", they answer to us, "we are not a clone of them, we like to be unique and better"

P.S.
    Here WeGo app has the ability to make folders about user location places. But with no option for "alphabetic list". On the other hand, into this app are missing many of the options there are available in the TomTom GO app. Nothing is perfect into humans world.
  • Sahin96Sahin96 Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    lneam wrote: »
    Hi Sahin96,

from my experience, the companies don't care about the 0.001 % of users likes or suggests to change or add something to the application. And if we said to them ... "the "name" of app, why they have this option ?", they answer to us, "we are not a clone of them, we like to be unique and better"

P.S.
    Here WeGo app has the ability to make folders about user location places. But with no option for "alphabetic list". On the other hand, into this app are missing many of the options there are available in the TomTom GO app. Nothing is perfect into humans world.

Thanks for the reply.

Of course mate, I understand that not everyone's wishes can be realised, but if a little feedback just reaches the developers, I'm content!

I would even be glad if it was possible to reach My Places through a folder in our phone's storage where the app is stored, so I could perhaps play a bit with that, but sadly it doesn't seem possible.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!