Map Updates

Herbaldew
Herbaldew Registered Users Posts: 35
Master Explorer
The good: Map updates are back for North America and I was able to update all maps that would fit on my screen at once without any crashes.

The bad: First, I had to go into the menu to see that there were updates available - the old app notified you immediately upon opening it - much better IMO.

Second and this is one of the most annoying things I have ever encounter on any app - the old app was a couple clicks to update the North America map - this app just took over 70 clicks to update all the individual offerings that used to make up the North America map!!!!!

An "Update All" button sure would be nice :)

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hi @Herbaldew

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for your feedback, please have a look at the response here from Jürgen about the 'Update all' button: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1666889/#Comment_1666889

Regards, lampard
  • Palferman
    Palferman Registered Users Posts: 129
    Supreme Navigator
    Updated maps today, kept jumping out so I had to keep going back in to app. Not a great problem but update all may be good!
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,202
    Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    Palferman wrote: »
    Updated maps today, kept jumping out so I had to keep going back in to app. Not a great problem but update all may be good!
    A fix to crashes of the app during weekly map updates is included in our next update to the app.