Carminat LIVE — TomTom Community

Carminat LIVE

giovi63giovi63 Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
Diese Diskussion wurde aus Kommentaren zusammengefügt von: HD-Traffic-Probleme bei Carminat TomTom Live (Renault-Einbaugerät).

Comments

• giovi63giovi63 Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    I had the same problem on my Carminat LIVE: immediately after renewal of my subscription, HD traffic stopped working, while all other LIVE services were still OK and fully working.

I wrote to the customer support and they were very efficient, providing the solution in less that a week.

So i tell you here what i did since it could be useful for others.

In fact, since the access function for real-time services has been removed from Carminat TomTom LIVE devices.], the clue is that one shoud NOT login into the tomtom account (user and password) from the device.

Just avoiding to login, then everithing was fine.

Of course, if you are already logged in, you need to perform a "soft reset" to factory settings (in order to force the device to "exit" from the account).

These are the instructions i received from Customer support, They worked fine for me.

1.Select Change preferences in the main menu.
    2. Select Restore factory settings. Please confirm that you want to proceed with the restore.
    3, Select your preferred settings, then wait for a valid GPS signal.
    4. After receiving a GPS signal on the device, plan a route (without logging in), then check if it is able to receive real-time services on the device.

Note: make sure you do not log in to the device as the access function for real-time services has been removed from Carminat TomTom LIVE devices.

Notice that when you do a factory reset, your list of Favorites is deleted from the device (but you can recover it from a backup). Personally, i transformed all my Favorites into POIs, creating a new POI category i named MyPOISs (since POIs are not deleted with the reset). After the reset, i copied again the POIs into Favorites.