What is Navcore? — TomTom Community

What is Navcore?

terryssatterryssat Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited September 2019 in MyDrive Connect
I have just purchased a new Sat Nav VIA 62, and installed My Drive on the computer to update everything. Attached lead to USB port (with Sat Nav attached) but for some reason I keep getting the message....... "YOU FIRST NEED TO INSTALL THE NAVCORE UPDATE - ONLY AFTER THAT CAN YOU SELECT MAPS AND SERVICES".......Now, I thought I was computer literate, but this has beaten me!! I just do NOT know what it means. I have looked for over an hour for a Navcore Update installation, but can't find it. Does anyone anywhere know what I now have to do. Thanks. Terry
Tagged:

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,448
    Superusers
    Hello
    A Navcore is, so to speak, the operating system of the navigation device. Similar to a smartphone Android 8 or Android 9 or Apple IOS 10 etc.

Normally the update of the operating system should be displayed automatically in MyDrive Connect.

Please have a look in your device at Menu/Settings/System/Info
    Have you the ver 18.203?

If you cant solve the problem, pleas call support
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,058
    Superusers
    Hi

If you look carefully some of the updates are force ticked by Tomtom....

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... De-select any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time
    This will help to prevent a Log-Jam effect on the Tomtom Servers if something go wrong with one of the updates....

ATB YFM
  • FiggertyFiggerty Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
    is this the update named Nav4 on My Drive Connect. If so why not call it that instead of causing confusion.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,058
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @Figgerty
    NavCore or NavKit is the name for the Tomtom SatNav Operating System....

zjo2bg3jm1jl.jpg
    Tomtom force tick some Mandatory Updates.... Navcore updates QuickFixGPS etc....
    If an update is force ticked by Tomtom we can't deselect them....

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    As above the NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time....
    This will help to prevent a Log-Jam effect on the Tomtom Servers if something go wrong with one of the updates... The Server then only has to wait for one update file to Time-Out

Stay Safe... ATB YFM