GO6200 Wi-FI Stuck — TomTom Community

GO6200 Wi-FI Stuck

My GO 6200 Wi-Fi has been working perfectly recently but the battery became fully drained and will not restart. I have charged the device and the BIOS screen shows the battery at 100%, the date as 1971 as well as serial number and memory etc.

I have tried the reset procedure as advocated in videos but the device always comes back to a screen showing a stylised PC, a TomTom device and a cable between them. There is a red x between the cable and the PC and the TomTom has a red triangle with an exclamation mark (!).

How do I get this device to restart?

Alan

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,966 Superuser
    Hi @AB6200WIFI

Is this video what you have been trying to do to sort reset your device if not try it.

If it is what you have been doing then we can get @lampard or @VikramK to have a look at things from there end and make recommendations for a solution.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

The only thing I think you may not be able to do is check the progress on the PC.

Doug
  • AB6200WIFIAB6200WIFI Posts: 8 [New Seeker]
    Hi @DougLap

Yes, that is the recovery video I have been following.

I found other forum threads that recommend uninstalling MyDrive Connect and reinstalling. I have done that and have moved on a step suggested in the video.

Now when I do the three-clicks on the on/off button the screen simply goes black. No rotating wheel appears. If I just leave it to run the TomTom splash screen apears, drums sound and I am back at the stylised PC, x, cable and device screen.

If I do the threeclicks from the BIOS screen and, while the screen is still blank, plug in the USB cable I get:
    1. A chirrup from Windows10 to say that a device is connected
    2. MyDrive Connect says Restoring your device. Do not disconnect.
    3. The percentage completion climbs to about 13%
    4. The MyDrive Connect screen disappears
    5. A chirrup from Windows10 says that a device is disconnected
    6. TomTom spalsh screen appears on the device followed by the stylised PC, x, cable and device
    7. The whole cycle starts again at the beginning with the completion never getting beyond 13%

Any ideas?

Alan
    Hi @AB6200WIFI

Can you check in your PC settings whether the USB power saving settings are set to On. If they are then turn the setting to Off so the PC is not turning the USB socket off.

Doug
    Ummm, all I can see under
    Windows Settings > Devices > USB
    is "Notify me if there are issues connecting to USB devices" which is ticked.

I cannot see anything about power saving. Am I looking inthe right place?
    Device Settings - found power saving. It's set to ON. Switching OFF and trying again.
    Nope, I'm afraid that didn't work.
    Hi @AB6200WIFI

Jüst in case can you turn the PC Off and On again with the new Power saving setting.

Doug
    Yeah. I did that (PC restart). Still did not work. :/
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,796 Superusers
    Hi
    @AB6200WIFI

Re "Download/installation interrupted".....
    Are your USB ports set for power saving "USB Selective Suspend"

Win7 See... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

Win10 See… https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73187-turn-off-usb-selective-suspend-windows-10-a.html
    Click on link and scroll down to "Turn Off USB Selective Suspend"

Also turn off any Screen savers any other Power savers or USB port monitoring software installed

Random Disconnects on Surface Pro 3 & 4
    Do you have or have access to a 'Surface Dock', if so plug your device into a USB port on that. Others have found that to work
    On the Win10 tablets, Microsoft has hidden the "USB Selective Suspend" menu
    You will need to edit the Registry for the USB Selective Suspend menu to show

Laptop users also see Note (1) & (2)
    Note... (1) My Linx 10/10 Win10 Tablet is exactly the same... I had to edit the Registry to activate the advanced setting in the Power Menu
    Note...(2) Recently a User with a Dell XPS 9360 Laptop also exactly the same problem ... he also had to edit the Registry to activate the advanced setting in the Power Menu

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1234855/#Comment_1234855

ATB YFM
    Hello @YamFazMan

Thanks for that additional help on turning off the USB Selective Suspend. But it didn't work.

I have an HP Spectre x360 (nearly 4 years old) and it took me a while to find the USB Selective Suspend. That is now off. Also all power saving settings are set to Never and in Device Manager the USB controllers with Power Management settings are unticked. (i.e. the box "Allow the computer to turn this device off to save power" is unticked.

And I have rebooted the PC a few times to ensure the selected settings are active.

What else can I try?

Alan
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,481 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @AB6200WIFI

Welcome to the Community! It's best to check this with our customer support since there is no activity in the backend for your device since June. They'll be able to verify if it's hardware fault or not. You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Regards, lampard
    Thanks @lampard.
    Hi @AB6200WIFI

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Doug