New update to TomTomGO, 5 September 2019 on Google Store — TomTom Community

New update to TomTomGO, 5 September 2019 on Google Store

Has anyone picked up on it yet????????

TomTom Go GPS Navigation Traffic v1.17.8 Build 2130 dated 5 September 2019 on the google store.

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,689
    Community Manager
    Hi @Asprin,

The app hasn't been released to 100% of users yet. Next to 64 bit support this release includes a number of bug fixes. Think of crashes that are reported to us in case "Help us learn" is enabled in the settings.

Best regards,
    Jürgen
  • lneamlneam Posts: 69 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hi Jürgen,

does this new update solve the bugs like
    1. app crash when the working folder is to sd card >= 64GB with exfat format ?
    2. app crash when we have active route and we close the screen over 5 minutes to save battery ?

thanks
    Community Manager
    Main goal of this release was the 64 bit support. Along the way we did an update to the navigation engine used, which fixes a number of causes for crashes that we see from the logs.

However, our main focus is on getting the new GO Navigation app out as soon as we can. So if not all causes of the crashes you experience are covered in this update, you should see them disappear once we can offer you to upgrade to the new app.
    Hi Jürgen,

about the current version of tomtom go, you describes into both of your posts about "crashes that we see from the logs". So, the 2 crashes I have describes included to this list ?

about the new version of tomtom android app, we will see soon, how can we can test it if there is no
    1. trial version
    2. 75 km / month free
    is there any possibility ?
    Community Manager
    I don't have a detailed list so I cannot really check. Also I don't know what exactly they see in these logs. Usually these logs only state what process failed but not in which context on your side.

The trials are embedded with the subscription so all you need to do is cancel the subscription towards the end of the trial period:
    • 7 days for 1 month
    • 7 days for 3 month
    • 1 month for 6 month
    Hi Jürgen,

subscription = pay money
    so, we must pay and then ??? what ? maybe tomtom refund to us the money ?

sorry, but for me this is not accepted. I hope the others customers to likes this new tomtom policy

thanks for your information
    today playstore allow to me to download the new version

1s6743hymt2g.jpg
  • DougBrooksDougBrooks Posts: 22 [Master Explorer]
    I assume the current licence periods we have left carry over to the new update as it has in the past?
    Community Manager
    DougBrooks wrote: »
    I assume the current licence periods we have left carry over to the new update as it has in the past?
    Yes, plus an extra month. Just make sure that you're logged in to your account.
  • LaurenspmLaurenspm Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've been getting lots of messages to say an update is coming and I will need to download new maps. When will this happen please?
    Community Manager
    Laurenspm wrote: »
    I've been getting lots of messages to say an update is coming and I will need to download new maps. When will this happen please?
    Sorry about this! Version 1.18.1 should have fixed this but unfortunately we see few users still facing the issue of too many push notifications. The team is working hard to make the new app available as soon as possible.
  • WastedagenWastedagen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited January 10
    I'm using Honor Note 10 running Pie and still waiting for new TT Go App. Play store is still not showing up new app for download. Found this link on another thread which is for ver 1.7.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomtom.gplay.navapp.nds

To date Play store says my device isn't compatible. I did download it and install it but it wouldn't run. Just froze when it displayed 'Something Went Wrong'.
    Same for wife's Samsung A70.
    Have just installed new app on Iphone 6 though. Gonna run them side by side to compare.......

Guess I'm stuck with old app on android. Which isn't an issue as i never had any problems with it. Unless of course they are still ironing out bugs and slowly rolling it out.