Mydrive Connect 'no internet connection' — TomTom Community

Mydrive Connect 'no internet connection'

Daniel_FuDaniel_Fu Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
I am using a TomTom Rider, connected with TomTom's USB cable on my Surface with Windows 10. I can start Mydrive Connect, my Rider is connected and the SW wants to start updating. After 10-15 seconds the connection is interrupted, updating stops and Mydrive Connect tells me 'no internet connection'.
When I unplug TomTom from USB and plug it in again, it immediately opens mydrive, tells me Rider is connected, but only for a couple of seconds.
Now I assume this is not a problem with neither my internet connection - because after that message I can surf and do everything on the internet - nor with USB? Someone has seen this?

Thanks
Daniel

Best Answer

• Daniel_FuDaniel_Fu Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    I found the solution within the German TomTom Support forum :-).

And how it goes: within the couple of seconds where the device is properly connected, reboot the machine while leaving TomTom connected and mydrive connect running. It looks that this can sort out some issues Microsoft may having with their special USB configuration of their Surface 3, 4 and Pro devices.

Daniel

Answers

• Daniel_FuDaniel_Fu Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    I found the solution within the German TomTom Support forum :-).

And how it goes: within the couple of seconds where the device is properly connected, reboot the machine while leaving TomTom connected and mydrive connect running. It looks that this can sort out some issues Microsoft may having with their special USB configuration of their Surface 3, 4 and Pro devices.

Daniel