Why is it that almost every time I try to use My Drive the service is unavailable.... — TomTom Community

Why is it that almost every time I try to use My Drive the service is unavailable....

malcolm-brownmalcolm-brown Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
It seems whenever I try to use My Drive the service is unavailable, like now.... !!!! Please try again later, OK, yes I'll rearrange my travel plans until you get your rubbish software and network sorted, even on the device is the same, service unavailable, try again later... what..!!!!! trying to connect my for ever disconnecting My Drive on the device, put in Password, keeps saying wrong password... NO IT'S NOT.... then eventually Service unavailable... why make me try a hundred times to put in my password when it's your server that rubbish, the same as your software, why does it disconnect all the time in the first place... rubbish....

The device (601) is now so slow after recent downloads it is almost unusable, rubbish... so slow and the latency of pressing a button to something happening is almost laughable, and you keep sending more rubbish emails to update my old device 125, you are joking, I wouldn't touch another Tom Tom if you gave me one, gone down hill.... you boys went over a cliff... rubbish...
And before you say, oh... try this try that... I have, all latest software which is probably half the problem.... still rubbish...

A not happy customer...

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,429
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @malcolm-brown
    It seems whenever I try to use My Drive the service is unavailable, like now.... !!!! Please try again later, OK, yes I'll rearrange my travel plans until you get your rubbish software and network sorted, even on the device is the same, service unavailable, try again later... what..!!!!! trying to connect my for ever disconnecting My Drive on the device, put in Password, keeps saying wrong password... NO IT'S NOT.... then eventually Service unavailable... why make me try a hundred times to put in my password when it's your server that rubbish, the same as your software, why does it disconnect all the time in the first place (Snip)
    Do you mean the NAV4 GO 600 or a 610....
    On the rare occasions I have a problem with myDrive Connect
    I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Un-installer Program available for a Mac ???
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind
    Video using the Revo Uninstaller
    The Free & Pro Versions use the same process....

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Important... Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect
    The device (601) is now so slow after recent downloads it is almost unusable, rubbish... so slow and the latency of pressing a button to something happening is almost laughable, and you keep sending more rubbish emails to update my old device 125, you are joking, I wouldn't touch another Tom Tom if you gave me one, gone down hill.... you boys went over a cliff... rubbish...
    And before you say, oh... try this try that... I have, all latest software which is probably half the problem (Snip)
    The NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now 8.465GB... Also the fact that the MapZones have now also exceed the 8GB of the NAV4 on-board Memory... This is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....

The Memory Card can only contain Maps or be used to transfer Planned .ITN or .GPX Routes
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card... For the new larger Maps maps you need to install a Branded Class 10 Micro SDHC memory card
    The latest Full Europe Map is 8.465GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless, a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Class 10 Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)

hqnp12sxjah5.jpg
    Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error....
    Tomtom are allocating a small map to install on the on-board Memory of the NAV4 devices, to give access to the Micro SDHC Card Format Option
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device (400 MB is considered the minimum Free Space the more Free Space the faster the device will operate)...
    The smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper' This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

If you wish to just stick with using the internal memory Instead of using a Micro USB Card
    Tomtom have released the Europe map in different Map Cuts (Map zones)... Will any of these new Maps suit your travel requirements ???
    More information Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1660206/#Comment_1660206

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map Say the UK&ROI Map to the account of your NAV4 GO 510
    I would aim for UK&ROI Map Installed on the on-board Memory & the Full Europe Map installed onto a 16GB Memory Card.....

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,904 Moderator
    Hi @malcolm-brown

I have activated a smaller map for your device.

Are you still experiencing the server problems with MyDrive Connect?

Regards
    Vikram