Start 52 Lifetime maps - how long supported?

Oldgps
Oldgps Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited September 2019 in Devices using TomTom HOME
This satnav looks like just what I'm wanting (as a gift for a relative). I know it has been out for a while, though, and it won't be nearly as good when map updates stop. Any idea how long 'lifetime' means here? Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Oldgps
    New Seeker
    Thanks! If there's a problem using postcodes with that start I'll likely get the Garmin Drive 51 instead - similar price and better map update policy. Appreciate your help!
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,814
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Oldgps

I had a Ga*m*n once for a month :'( that was three weeks to long... I retuned it to the shop and exchanged it under their 30 Day Customer satisfaction guarantee.... I was fed-up with the weird routing poor Traffic and garish screen

Swapped it for a Tomtom... Now my 8 various Tomtom devices update the Maps 4 Times per annum... Plus As required... QuickFixGPS + MapShare + Speed cams + Any NavCore updates... All Good rarely have a problem :)

Try Googling Ga*m*n T&Cs....
    I find that the T&Cs for the definition of the Device being Out of Life, Maps size versus Memory size, the use Map zones or the supply your own Micro SD Card etc are similar to Tomtoms
    With Tomtoms T&Cs the more user-friendly of the two

ATB YFM
  • Oldgps
    New Seeker
    Thanks. What's a good budget (up to £100, with lifetime maps) Tom Tom nowadays, then?