SD Card — TomTom Community

SD Card

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't see it on here.

MY GO500 says that my SD Card is already formatted but when I say want install a new voice(there's only one voice on there) it tells me there's no room which suggests to me that it doesn't see the SD card.

I have the new map installed (v1035.9662) Europe with UK and Ireland Buildings. Also Live Traffic / Speed Cameras and 1 voice (Jane)
When I log into my account with my device connected it shows on my device that the internal memory almost full and the SD Card memory empty.

My questions is how do I get my content to go onto the SD Card and not the internal memory when it say's it's already formatted?

TIA

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,427
    Superusers
    edited September 2019
    Hi
    @tankster

The NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now 8.465GB... Also the fact that the MapZones have now also exceed the 8GB of the NAV4 on-board Memory... This is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....

The Memory Card can only contain Maps or be used to transfer Planned .ITN or .GPX Routes
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card... For the new larger Maps maps you need to install a Branded Class 10 Micro SDHC memory card
    The latest Full Europe Map is 8.465GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless, a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Class 10 Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)

hqnp12sxjah5.jpg
    Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error....
    Tomtom are allocating a small map to install on the on-board Memory of the NAV4 devices, to give access to the Micro SDHC Card Format Option
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

If you wish to just stick with using the internal memory Instead of using a Micro USB Card
    Tomtom have released the Europe map in different Map Cuts (Map zones)... Will any of these new Maps suit your travel requirements ???
    More information Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1660206/#Comment_1660206

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map Say the UK&ROI Map to the account of your NAV4 GO 500
    I would aim for UK&ROI Map Installed on the on-board Memory & the Full Europe Map installed onto a 16GB Memory Card.....

ATB YFM