TomTom Go Basic Traffic use — TomTom Community

TomTom Go Basic Traffic use

siw1800_siw1800_ Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
Hi Guys, I may have made a big mistake. I just bought a Sat nav with lifetime traffic thinking it would update the traffic as I drive. I have updated everything and connected my smart phone (Samsung) to it, no problem. I have connected it to my home wifi, no problem. But as soon as I get on the road and leave home, the traffic link goes but the blue tooth link to my phone is saying connected. I had expected maps to alter my route while travelling especially when on long journeys. Have I misunderstood what the capability is or have I set it up wrong.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,103 TomTom Moderator
    edited September 12
    Hi @siw1800_

Sorry about my late reply! If I understand this correctly, you wanted the device to alter the routes automatically when there's a traffic?

Your TomTom GO BASIC regularly receives information about the changing traffic conditions. If traffic jams, heavy rain, snow or other incidents are found on your current route, your TomTom GO will offer to replan your route to try and avoid any delays. See more information in the User manual here

Also if this is not what you meant, please elaborate and other users can also chip in to this discussion.

Regards, lampard

Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,974 Superusers
    Hi
    @siw1800_

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Bluetooth --> Tap on your Connected Phone....
    38x5bjv4jh92.jpg
    Is the Data connection for Traffic services turned on ???
    zw48si12qeq6.jpg
    ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'