GPRS Status shows Disconnected- GO 6250 — TomTom Community

GPRS Status shows Disconnected- GO 6250

itera1954itera1954 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
The traffic service is activated but the GPRS Status shows Disconnected.Hello. my 6250 navigator stopped showing traffic. What should I do? I did the reset. The power button held nothing helps. How can I solve the problem? I gave so much money for him and he does not work. I am very upset that Tom.WI FI disconnected deleted.serial number ZAxxxxxxxxx861

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum.Thanks!

Comments

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,367 Superuser
    Hi @itera1954

The built-in SIM cards of our devices use the 2G network.
    Look at this topic, maybe it could help you, the possible actions remain the same for a professional GO6250 Wifi device.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/fr/discussion/1117135/tomtom-5100-no-servces

Regards.
  • itera1954itera1954 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you, but I did it and there is no result. The traffic does not work.how to contact tom tom?maybe they have some e-mail through the site I can’t find the connection only help.for which I gave money ... for a piece of plastic....
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,367 Superuser
    edited September 11
    Hi @itera1954

Sorry for you that nothing worked. :disappointed:

You don't specify your country of residence in your user profile. "rf" I don't see which country it is?

List of TomTom customer service contacts by phone, the last number in the list is for countries not listed (International, in English).
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new

There is no direct email but a contact web page. Link for UK, at the bottom of the page you can change the country by clicking on the flag.
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact

Regards.
  • itera1954itera1954 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    my country is Russia. there is an email for Russia
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,988 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @itera1954

I have sent a head up to the customer service to investigate if this is a SIM related problem.

Someone will be getting in touch with you very soon.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • razvinosrazvinos Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi all

I`ve got the same problem for the last 2 weeks and is driving me crazy . London without live traffic is very painfull after i`ve paid £350 for my 6250.
    What options have i got?

Thanks
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,988 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @razvinos

Welcome to the community!

Have you already tried the troubleshooting steps on this FAQ-https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10316

If that does not resolve the problem then please get in touch with the customer service to review the SIM status and advise further.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • GazibarevGazibarev Posts: 69 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    All week GPRS status "Disconnected" Germany and Switzerland. I start thinking about GARMIN. 500E for satnav and what? Nothing. Tried everything include support center.
  • razvinosrazvinos Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram

I`ve been today 2 times on the phone with someone from customer service and nothing changed. Done factory reset and nothing... Is it the end of TomTom as company or what? is something that we should know ? Should i start to invest in something else or continue to use Waze because it looks like someone forgot to pay the bill for all this built in sims.
    edited September 19
    I think I found my problem. Maybe it a faulty charger. The current of the original tomtom charger is 4.60V 300-500mA and when I put the satnav into the holder , it immediately lose the connection. Then I change the charger with different one and current now is 5.07V 280mA and connection is established. For now 4 hours driving have no problems.
    Unfortunately the problem remains. GPRS status disconnected. On battery or in holder... nothing. 3hrs work fine and suddenly lose connection and never establish no matter how many times will reboot or change supply. Soon I will say... bye bye Tomtom