Issue with updating my device. — TomTom Community

Issue with updating my device.

CoramorCoramor Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi Folks.
I have had an e-mail to say an update is available. On logging into my drive I can see there is an EU Map, UK map and Speed camera update available for my TOM TOM Rider. But i am unable to select the updates and when I try to connect my device, I get a pop up saying I need an updated driver and that I require to pay for the update. My device will not connect and I can not update it. I haven't had this issue before. Whats going on?
Regards
Alan.

Best Answers

• CoramorCoramor Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited September 2019 Accepted Answer
    Thank you Vikram. I should have mentioned in my last communication, that I had been able to update my wife's TomTom Start without any problems. So I think the My Drive Connection was ok.
    However, This morning I did as you suggested and uninstalled My Drive connect, and re-installed it. I also used a different cable. This time it worked. I didn't get the popup asking for Driver update to be carried out first either. FYI the update was a Slimware.com and the update was Driver update Notification.
    Thank you for your very quick response to my query. Much appreciated.
    Alan

Answers

• CoramorCoramor Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited September 2019 Accepted Answer
    Thank you Vikram. I should have mentioned in my last communication, that I had been able to update my wife's TomTom Start without any problems. So I think the My Drive Connection was ok.
    However, This morning I did as you suggested and uninstalled My Drive connect, and re-installed it. I also used a different cable. This time it worked. I didn't get the popup asking for Driver update to be carried out first either. FYI the update was a Slimware.com and the update was Driver update Notification.
    Thank you for your very quick response to my query. Much appreciated.
    Alan