Tomtom Go Camper - Worldwide maps missing? — TomTom Community

Tomtom Go Camper - Worldwide maps missing?

Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 221 [Exalted Navigator]
edited September 2019 in Map installation
I have a Tomtom Go Camper which I have just updated to the latest map release of 1035.9692.

It is my understanding the device has lifetime "World Maps" just as my other devices have and I expected to be able to choose the same countries on the Go Camper as I would on our Go 6200 / Go premium X. :)

If I select add a map the only choices available to me are:

USA & Canada
Oceania
South America, Caribbean & Mexico

So is Tomtom's definition of "World Maps" different for each device?

I looked on the Tomtom website and it says for the Go Camper:

This device comes with a pre-installed regional map and the option to download additional maps from around the world at no extra cost via built-in Wi-Fi.

Available regional maps are: Europe, South America, Oceania: Australia, New Zealand, USA Canada: USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands

So I am definitely missing Australia and New Zealand plus the other countries that are on my 6200 / Go Premium X.

But assuming that Tomtom is only making the camper maps for a restricted range of countries, then Australia and New Zealand are missing from my device........ :/

I have done a Drum Roll Reset, factory reset and put the Go Camper into Recovery mode to repair the device and then as required to reinstall the latest software update 19.101.

But still the map choices are as above; viz:

USA & Canada
Oceania
South America, Caribbean & Mexico

And missing at least Australia and New Zealand

Before I report this to Customer Services can other Go Camper users please check what countries are available to them as it may be just my device or a much wider issue?

Thanks

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,419
    Superusers
    edited September 2019
    Hi
    @Lost_Soul

If you can wait until tomorrow @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will be back... Maybe they can check the status of your Account....

ATB YFM
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 221 [Exalted Navigator]
    @YamFazMan

I guess the Forum Moderators are based in the USA then........... ?
    I checked the additional world maps on my 6200 and Tomtom

Classifies the following as Asia Pacific

Australia 572 MB
    New Zealand 115 MB

Oceania 674 MB

And this corresponds with the Oceania option on my Go Camper 675MB

I have always regarded Australia as a Continent and Oceania as a region :) And largely regard it as being the islands in the area including the Bonin Islands, Hawaii, Clipperton Island, Juan Fernández Islands, Macquarie Island etc etc.

But guess Tomtom is giving us the option of downloading Australia and New Zealand separately on the 6200.

And looking at the other map options on the Go Camper "Puerto Rico and The Virgin Islands" are included in both the

North America - USA and Canada Camper map and
    South America - South America Caribbean & Mexico Camper map

And I thought my geography was poor - all very confusing? =)

But going back to my original point Tomtom's definition of "World Maps" appears different for each device?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,204 Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Hi @Lost_Soul

There are several devices linked to your account.

Could you send me the serial number of the device through a private message, please?

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi @VikramK

PM sent giving serial number of my Go Camper as requested.

Thanks
  • KayaksaburraKayaksaburra Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have a similar problem, in my case I can not install maps of Africa, specifically of Morocco, indeed I have the possibility of installing the same maps as the previous comment indicates, but there is no possibility of Morocco, I had a previous model 6100 and if They could install maps of the area of Africa. I understand that some maps are not specific to Camper, but I do not understand that maps from around the world cannot be installed.
    Some owner of TOMTOM GO CAMPER version ZA knows how to install other non-camper maps?. Thank you
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    Hi @Kayaksaburra

The only way you could get a different map to the 4 that come with the device would be to contact Customer Support and ask them if they it is possible for them to add the map you want to your account so you can download it.

España (Spain)
    Lunes-Viernes: 09:00-17:30

Doug
    DougLap ,thank you very much for your comment, I have contacted the TomTom support service, it seems that it should be possible to install the map of Morocco not camper, but at the moment it does not appear on my list, I hope it is possible at some time. I don't quite understand what the problem is.
    I think that I am not the only European who has bought a TOMTOM GO CAMPER ZA model that wants to visit Morocco or another region of Africa, I understand that there is no coverage for the Camper system facilities, but with my old GO 6100 I had no problem to Download the maps of Africa or the rest of the world. Why with a more modern GPS this is not possible? , this type of trade restrictions do not satisfy TomTom buyers
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    edited February 12
    H @Kayaksaburra

I assume it will either appear via New Items and Updates in Settings as the normal updates do or it will appear in the list of maps in Settings. They will have to allocate it to your device/account.

Doug