TomTom Go Mobile - missing map version update — TomTom Community

TomTom Go Mobile - missing map version update

denisturalicdenisturalic Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi,

I'm having a problem figuring out why my mobile application didn't ask me to update map version as it's currently running on 1030.9512 and I can see that 1035 has been released. There are major updates of the highway that I was driving on my way to Greece and I had to turn on Google maps to try to pull myself out in the area surrounded by mountains and with just a dash of Edge/GPRS signal there. When I open TomTom online map I can visually see the difference between the device map and the one on the browser. I don't see a way that I can initiate the update manually. I tried even to download new map that I haven't been using previously and it is still on 1030 version. You can see on the screenshot that there is a big chunk of a highway that has been in the meantime built and the 1035 version has it. What's the problem here???

Online MyDrive TomTom map opened from computer browser (https://mydrive.tomtom.com):

hds1klh8utzt.png

Map on my android device (Samsung Glaxy A8):

qsjpalyl0vby.jpg

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,227
    Superuser
    Hi @denisturalic

If you delete the 10.30 version of the map and then select it in Add a map then you should get the latest version.

Doug
  • denisturalicdenisturalic Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @denisturalic

If you delete the 10.30 version of the map and then select it in Add a map then you should get the latest version.

Doug

I'll try with that but... Application has been previously reported when the new map version is out and whether I want to update it. I relied on that auto-update prompt feature but it never came before making the trip nor now.
    edited September 2019
    Hi @denisturalic

Doug

Hi @DougLap, I've deleted all maps and added only one that has that area, it's the same. The highway is missing and the map version is 1030. Additionally, I've resetted the app, deleted, cache and all of the data, uninstall, reinstall the app, download the map... it's the same.

This also caused a problem when I was near Skopje (capital of North Macedonia) and that was a major problem because the new highway that is not present in the old map version is very different than the newly built one which has a lot of splitting and turns. I had to stop near the water tank barrier with all 4 lights on in order to see what was going on. I think that this is the section:

so34w3fm6n7a.png
    Superuser
    edited September 2019
    Hi @denisturalic

My apologise. Whilst the new 10.35 version of the maps are out for the PND’s the new version for the App is not. Referring back to the announcement i see that it looks likely that the App updated maps will be issued this Tuesday.

The App maps are a different format ie NDS and so will have a different update cycle.

Doug
    Hi @denisturalic

My apologise. Whilst the new 10.35 version of the maps are out for the PND’s the new version for the App is not. Referring back to the announcement i see that it looks likely that the App updated maps will be issued this Tuesday.

The App maps are a different format ie NDS and so will have a different update cycle.

Doug

Hi Doug,

good thing to know why it happened but this doesn't solve the issue as I was lead to believe that the online tomtom maps from https://mydrive.tomtom.com are the same like on mobile device. This is where I planned my route and let it sync with the mobile phone. The route did sync and I've chosen it from the list when I started my trip but it was plotted on the wrong map version on my mobile device. It's extremely misleading and dangerous to have something like that when you drive on a high way with 130 km/h (80 mph).
    Superuser
    Hi @denisturalic

Here is the link to the 10.35 map release.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1116939/new-maps-v10-35-available-for-download

It would appear that your Maps on the Android are probably the same as the My Drive maps as it is the IOS App maps that are NDS..

Doug

edited September 2019
    Hi @denisturalic

Here is the link to the 10.35 map release.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1116939/new-maps-v10-35-available-for-download

It would appear that your Maps on the Android are probably the same as the My Drive maps as it is the IOS App maps that are NDS..

Doug

Hi Doug,

screenshots are showing that there is difference between MyDrive map and map on my mobile phone. In my first post you can see the bigger screenshot that has been made on the browser looking at the section of the highway southern of city of Leskovac (Serbia). Second screenshot shows the same section on the mobile device and the missing section of the highway in the middle. Problem is that you are not aware which version of the map is on mydrive website as there is no visible information. There should be some information or warning on mydrive site that there are different release schedule depending on the platform or that the created route has been made on the different version of the map when you try opening the synced route on your device.