Why is my GO 6200 with WiFi so slow, plus another issue when its giving us directions....?

L33der
L33der Registered Users Posts: 4
Master Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Issue is that my new GO 6200 with WiFi seem very slow, but is advertised as being the quickest SatNat yet....???? Its as you are entering details/addresses, and its that slow you think it is not work and you press it again, or start pressing something else and it then starts doing something else as you have press another key incidentally, as it was slow?

The other issue is while on our 2500 mile road trip, we had the satnat suddenly change the route to take us back the way we had come...? when this happened the first couple of time we thought we had missed a turning, and the satnav was re-routing us, but did not seem like it was quite right....? We then realised it was was suddenly telling us to do a u-turn at a roundabout, or directing us back round and if we followed it it would finish up bringing back to the route we was on? Why is this doing this, as was very time wasting, and annoying... :-(

Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 288
    Supreme Pioneer
    Thats an application problem and a reinstall should help

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,800
    Superuser
    edited September 2019
    Hi
    @L33der

Firstly... Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

Is your device stuffed full of Maps ???

Check the Free Memory (Operating system working space)
    400 MB is the absolute bare minimum
    Tap 4Dot (....Menu) Icon --> Settings --> System --> About... Free Space

Re... Journey loop back errors...

Did your journey include Stops

When you add the extra Stops Zoom right into the road view
    Don't put the stop on the wrong side of a dual track road (Journey loop back errors)
    Don't put the stop up a side-road... It may guide you though a built-up area via side streets back to your route, instead of a u-turn
    Don't put the stop on on a traffic Island always place a guidance stop further up road on the route after the traffic island exit

ATB YFM
  • L33der
    Master Traveler
    Hi YanFazMan, thanks for comment. I have tried this and is it correct it goes in to a shut down, and you get the drum roll when it restarts, as if you was switching it on?
    Cheers
    Colin
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi @L33der

Ye. After the drumroll it restarts.

Doug
  • L33der
    Master Traveler
    Thank, but it’s shutting down before the drum roll, then restarts. This is if I press and hold down the off/on button?
    Or should I have the GO6200 off when holding the button down?
    Cheers
    Colin
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    edited September 2019
    Hi @L33der

Start the process with the unit on and working.

Hold the On/OFF button down and the Map will disappear and firstly you will see the Sleep/ Turning off sign then the Rotating circle with Shutting Down.

Continuing to Hold the Button and you then see TomTom and then you will hear the Drumroll sound. Now you release the button.

The difference between a normal start and a Soft Reset is that with a normal start you would release the button when you see TomTom and then you will also hear the Drumroll sound. The Soft Reset requires you to continue holding the button until the Drumroll sound.

If you hold the button any longer you will get a page with white writing giving details of the unit. A simple press of the ON/OFF button when this page is showing clears that screen.

Doug
  • L33der
    Master Traveler
    Hi thanks, that’s what I’ve done so will have to see if it’s helped?
    Cheercolin