Runner 3 & Sports Account — TomTom Community

Runner 3 & Sports Account

simon9119simon9119 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have a Tomtom connect account wiich I have used for some time with my Spark cardio watch. I recently had to replace that watch with a Runner 3 which connects to my Connect account and charges ok, but declines to download my activities, saying words to the effect I am not registered to the watch. It is my Computer which I use, I DO NOT use a smartphone. Tomtom " Chat " is useless as it does not involve chatting to a human, and keeps giving answers which are totally unrelated to the problem, and keeps assuming I am using a smartphone. Calling it a " Chat " line is a scam. Does nayone know how to get thenew watch to work with my Tomtom Connect Account? Thanks very much.

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,099 Superusers
    When you registered it for the first time did you use the same email address as the old account? If so it will sync to the same account, if not, you created a new account under a new email. Do a factory reset and when asked to register, select already registered and use the email the first watch was registered under.
  • simon9119simon9119 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks very much. Yes, I did a factory reset, not quite as you described but able to do it, and the watch is now " downloading " to Sports Connect, although I have lost recent days activities, but that does not matter. The problem I think was that Sports Connect did not initially give me any option to register the new watch, it simply did not show that, but after the factory reset now, it did.
    Thanks. I will use it again tomorrow and hopefully it will now continue to operate properly.