After purchasing a new map the navigation does not work anymore — TomTom Community

After purchasing a new map the navigation does not work anymore

skorabnskorabn Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello,
I am driving a Renault Megane 3 with Carminat Tom Tom navigation. It already had maps of Benelux and Europe (version 880 i think) those worked without any problems.
Yesterday I decided to buy an update for maps of Europe. I purchased it, set the SD card in my computer, installed maps on it and when I returned SD card to the car it could not load the maps. I got a notification Problem with card - you cannot use this map on this device Benelux-114.
After that I formated my sd card following the procedure from your help section, installed only the newest Europe maps that I bought yesterday, returned the card to the car but again the same message: this time reffering to Europe-102069. Also, when I click on Update my TomTom in TomTom HOME, i get this message (see the photo).

fposundj5oke.png

Please could you help me to solve this issue?
Thank you in advance
Vladimir

Answers

• fergussionfergussion Posts: 83 [Revered Navigator]
    Uninstall home using a revoinstaller. I guess you still have Benelux map installed on the card. May be another format will be needed on the SD card.
  • skorabnskorabn Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Could anyone from the official support react on this please? I am getting a bit disappointed, already lost too much time for a thing that is supposed to be very simple.

I did today (following the suggestion of fergussion):
    1. Removed TomTom HOME from my PC using revoinstaller (should be a deep clean)
    2. Removed TomTom folder from Documents
    3. Formatted SD card
    4. Inserted the card in the car, waited to be recognized and prepared for a new installation
    5. Installed the newest version of TomTom HOME on my PC
    6. Put the SD card in the PC
    7. Started TomTom Home, logged in to my account, and tried to do update
    8. Got the same message as before (the picture attached to my first post)
    9. I proceeded further, installing the selected items (see the attached photo). Is it supposed to be APPLICATION in this list if the previous message did not appear?

10. Finished the update
    11. Removed the SD from the PC and inserted it in the car
    12. And again the same message.... you cannot use this map on this device Europe-102069

a2x5dp6vl0ah.jpg
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    Perhaps @VikramK or @lampard will see your post and rectify. Check back.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,567 Moderator
    Hi Vladimir

Installing a fresh version of the map should not give you that error message.

I would advise that you try the steps as suggested on this FAQ-http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12412

Under- I have a map to download on my account

If the above solution does not work and I would recommend that you try out the same process on a different computer.

Regards
    Vikram
    @VikramK

I tried this, but it does not help.

I saw in some topics that you reactivated maps for some users. May that help in my situation?
    I am the second owner of this car/ user of this navigation system, and the previous maps Benelux & Europe were not linked to my account. May that cause a problem?

Thank you in advance
    Vladimir
    @VikramK @lampard

Please, could you have a look at my last message here?

Thank you in advance
    Vladimir
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,567 Moderator
    Hi Vladimir

Reactivation of the map will not be a solution as you already have an active map on your account which was ordered on the 27th August.

Did you try the entire process I suggested on a different computer as well?

If yes then I would suggest that you report this to the customer service.

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi VikramK,

not tried yet on a different computer. Thank you for the explanation. I would try with this further.

Regards
    Vladimir