New maps v10.35 available for download — TomTom Community

New maps v10.35 available for download

lampardlampard Posts: 4,103 TomTom Moderator
edited September 10 in News and announcements
Hi All,

We've released new maps v10.35 (PNDs/Motorcycle/Automotive/Truck/Camper) and they should be available for download using TomTom HOME, MyDrive Connect and over the WiFi internet connection.

GO Mobile App: The maps 10.35 for the Go Mobile app, will be released a week later: on Tuesday 3/09/2019 Due to some issues, release has been postponed. No ETA

GO Navigation App (iOS): This app has the NDS maps and follows a different release cycle. Due to a navigation issue in our latest map update we have not been able to release the weekly map updates for this App. We apologize for this delay and are working diligently to resolve the issue and provide map updates as soon as possible.

Please note that the Mapshare update won't be available. It is planned to be available again a few days later.

Regards, lampard
Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

Comments

• LepreLepre Posts: 19 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hello,
    the download is very slow (I have the 100 MB fiber), why?
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 150 [Revered Navigator]
    Yes, I am experiencing the typical slow map update process too - ~ 60% completed in 1 and half hours . :s
    Based in UK - Tomtom Go 6200 (random ALG displayed )
    As Jack Nicholson would say: Is this as good as it gets??
    Hello,
    if I had to stop the download, what happens?
    Thank you
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,940 Superuser
    Hi @Lepre

You will probably lose the existing map and have to reload it fully. If it is the only map on the unit you will finish up with the No Map situation and the unit will not start up properly.

For future reference always have 2 maps on the unit. Suggest you Add Venezuela or Iraqi as they are very small files. Leave the map on the internal memory so that if you have a problem updating your main map the unit will have a functioning map to be able to start with. Once the unit starts you can reinstall the lost map.

Doug
    Hello Doug,
    thank you so much
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,940 Superuser
    Hi @Lepre

Your welcome.

Doug
    1 Map update complete only took 2 hours 40 minutes :s

4 more map updates to go.................. ;) will leave for a few days to see if the Tomtom Servers speed up with less people using the update service?

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,538 Superuser
    My 7 maps (20.5Gb) took nearly 4hrs 30 :( and my normal speed is:-
    Response time (latency): 24 ms
    Download speed: 21.3 Mbps
    Upload speed: 2.7 Mbps

So according to https://www.download-time.com/ this should have only taken 2:27 so it looks like the buffering/checksum validation has reduce the download speed by half :(
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • toytomtoytom Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Hi Lampard
    New map downloaded in 35 minutes.
    Thanks for the announcement
    Hi @toytom

Your 35 minutes is a lot quicker than my 2 hours 40 minutes done Tuesday at 2pm.

I still have 4 map updates to install :'( - when (what time of day) did you download your map please?
    edited August 28
    Hi @ Lost Soul
    Downloaded this morning at 08.00 am
    and yes here on my side it is always that quick 30-50 minutes
    Hi @toytom

Thanks for your reply, I will have to put the alarm on as I am not an early riser :) .

Over the last 3 years dependant on the day and timing, my map updates have taken anything up to 5 hours - from memory the quickest has been between 1-2 hours but typically I do start the update process mid afternoon................... ;)

I will try doing my next 4 map updates "early" :) (will update the thread with my results)

Thanks again.
    We had a power cut earlier this morning and whilst resetting clocks etc when the power was restored thought I would a map update ;)

I started at 2:25am and it completed 22 minutes later :) Go 6200 Europe Map

So yes, @toytom it is possible to get a fast map download, but in the very early hours :s
    [email protected]_Soul
    Fine to hear that your download was also fast . I always download in the morning hours and i have never had a problem .
    Greetings André
    Hi @toytom

My initial joy was short lived................ as I set my next map update going at 8:30am today ;)

And oh dear, the TT Map Update Server lottery kicked in - half an hour later .................................... 1% complete!!!! Do the maths! 🧐

Same device (connected by USB cable via MyDRive Connect) and doing a speed check at 2:30am and at 8:30 am achieved the same results ~ 71Mbps, the only other variable is the speed of TT Servers??????

at 9:25am Ooops No Internet connection according to TT (i.e. means Throttling by TT?) Speed test still showing ~71Mbps

Going backwards now as update progress is now showing 0% after one hour.................. so what is my expected map update download time? Never / Infinity???? 🤣

09:39am Hmmmmmm, we have lift -off, in the last 15 minutes the update progress has gone from 0 > 40% 😇

2 hours so far - And back to crawling stuck at 42% for the last 35 minutes................

Looks like I will have to get up in the very early hours ;) to achieve a reasonable download speed.

I am very fortunate that I currently have a spare device to use as whilst the Go 6200 is downloading the map update it cannot be used and I have to go for a drive shortly.

Hi @lampard

Has there been any issues with the TT Map Update Servers today as my 2 update experiences today are so wild apart?

(my Broadband connection speed has remained stable ~71Mbps throughout)

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,063 [Supreme Pioneer]
    lampard wrote: »
    GO Navigation App (iOS)[/b]: This app has the NDS maps and follows a different release cycle. Due to a navigation issue in our latest map update we have not been able to release the weekly map updates for this App. We apologize for this delay and are working diligently to resolve the issue and provide map updates as soon as possible.
    Any chance such issues could be shared proactively? I had been failing to get any updates since 27 July and some notice of this issue might have saved my wasted time and frustration.

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,103 TomTom Moderator
    @Lost_Soul Since everyone must've got the notification or email about the new map update, the load on server in the early days after the release is higher which is the only possible explanation I've so far. I see that you've a pending download for EU Camper map so keep the device connected and updates will go through.

@tgold Sure, will do! We've not seen any questions around the weekly map updates on EN community but for DE users, this was already communicated.

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

@lampard

The Go Camper map on my 6200 finally completed after 5 hours. :)
    Thank you for checking.

Will schedule my remaining map updates for the wee early hours ;) .
    Updated the Europe Camper map on my Go Camper

Commenced at 00:15am on 30/8/2019 completed 21 minutes later =)
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 247 [Exalted Navigator]
    Updated both our Rider 550's to the 8GB Europe 10.35 map like usual in about 30 minutes over WiFi.
    TomTom Rider Projects https://roadrider.jouwweb.nl/
  • berna43berna43 Posts: 190 [Exalted Navigator]
    edited August 30
    Hello. With my Oldi pro 5150 the Europe pressure map was 10.35 in 40 min in it, with the Go 6100 came after 98% the message: it could not be loaded all parts, please repeat. This repeated a few times. At a later check of the device with the map the map was 10:35 inside. Do I have to worry that not the whole card was loaded? To all here a nice weekend.
  • berna43berna43 Posts: 190 [Exalted Navigator]
    edited August 30
    Hello again. My post was only partially reproduced. Try again.
    On my oldi Pro 5150, the European print map was 10:35 in 40 minutes on it.
    The Go 6100 came after 98% the message that not all parts could be loaded. Please repeat. After a few repetitions, I saw at a Kontr of the device that the card was 10:35 on it. Mussich make me worry that not the whole card is on it ?? All a nice weekend.
  • Laszlo2015Laszlo2015 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited September 2
    Tomtom Mydrive Connect on Windows 10 does not download the map update to my computer and therefore cannot be downloaded to my Start 25 gps.Why?
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,063 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited September 3
    lampard wrote: »
    GO Mobile App: The maps 10.35 for the Go Mobile app, will be released a week later: on Tuesday 3/09/2019
    Is there a Plan B?

• raesewellraesewell Posts: 115 [Revered Navigator]
    4/09/2019 and no update for Go Mobile App, WTF