Usability Feedback — TomTom Community

Usability Feedback

Satisfied GO6200 user just noting some suggestions for improvement considerations for the developer team...For the Speed Camera Report button, a confirmation popup would reduce accidental user reporting. Also, I just went to process a speed camera and a map software update via wifi, and about 10% into it I cancelled it as I decided I only wanted one of the updates, then I went to try the update again, but my device now gives an "already uptodate" message. As the device does not recall cancelled attempts as such, but instead as successful attempts maybe?
Cheers.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,203 Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Hi @TT User2

Thank you for the feedback.I will forward it for our Product team. :)

With regards to the cancelled update, I am unable to check the device logs as its not linked to your account on the forum.

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Regards
    Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,417
    Superusers
    Hi
    @TT User2
    TT User2 wrote: »
    Satisfied GO6200 user just noting some suggestions for improvement considerations for the developer team...For the Speed Camera Report button, a confirmation pop up would reduce accidental user reporting (Snip)
    The device already gives a 'Yellow Splash Screen' warning with a ' X ' to cancel the speed camera report... The Splash Screen Warning displays at the top of the screen... but you'll be forgiven for missing it... It only stays on the screen for a Nano Second :o barely time to read it and react

ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,417
    Superusers
    edited August 2019
    Hi
    @TT User2
    TT User2 wrote: »
    (Snip) Also, I just went to process a speed camera and a map software update via Wi-Fi, and about 10% into it I cancelled it as I decided I only wanted one of the updates, then I went to try the update again, but my device now gives an "already up to date" message. As the device does not recall cancelled attempts as such, but instead as successful attempts maybe?
    I've just found this... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About --Speed Camera Updates.... Screen bottom right is a button with a curved arrow, maybe an update button ???... The button reacts when I tap it but noting else appears to happen

tiecdd57pvib.jpg
    Also... Extract from the GO PREMIUM User guide....
    When connected to TomTom services, your TomTom GO PREMIUM receives all camera updates for fixed and mobile camera locations in real time. You do not need to do anything to receive updates – they are sent to your TomTom GO PREMIUM automatically.

Edit... As far as I'm aware the automatic update of Speed cams, applies to all Live devices

ATB YFM
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 221 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi @YamFazMan

That is very interesting to read that :

Also... When connected to TomTom services, your TomTom GO 6200 receives all camera updates for fixed and mobile camera locations in real time. You do not need to do anything to receive updates – they are sent to your TomTom GO PREMIUM automatically.

I was under the impression that the speed camera updates we receive on our devices every Tuesday and Thursday contained all camera locations?

But if the fixed & mobile camera locations are passed to our device in real time that may be an answer why "intermittently" I do not get Speed camera warnings.

For example today I was travelling clockwise around the M25 and I know from past experience that there are 2 fixed Speed Cameras between J21A and J22, but today my Go 6250 did not alert me to any....................... :s from memory it said the next speed camera was about 6 miles ahead of me, so it was detecting some speed cameras but not all???

I have just done a route preview whilst at home and the 2 speed cameras between J21A & J22 are correctly being reported.