synchronize recorded route to MyDrive — TomTom Community

synchronize recorded route to MyDrive

rene_un33_01rene_un33_01 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited August 27 in MyDrive Connect
Hi.
How do I syncronize a recorded track back to mydrive for further work/development.
best regards

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 247 [Exalted Navigator]
    Export the track to SD-Card and load the GPX file in MyDrive.

download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/rider_400_40/html/en-gb/Recordingatrack.htm
    download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/rider_400_40/html/en-gb/Exportingtracks.htm

Feature request. It will be nice if recorded Tracks are automatically visible in and can be managed with MydDrive
    TomTom Rider Projects https://roadrider.jouwweb.nl/
  • rene_un33_01rene_un33_01 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your answer. I was aware if that feature.. The problem is that I only have one SSD card and the card sits in the device and are formatted to be used for maps and then it cannot be used for exporting of tracks.. It says insert another card, when i try..

I am very much a fan of your suggested feature request. TOMTOM Please syncronize all recorded tracks from the device to mydrive for further manipulation..!!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,976 Superusers
    Hi
    @rene_un33_01

The NAV4 & NAV5 devices need at least one Map installed onto the devices on-board memory before the device will even start-up... The small Map will avoid the Catch22 situation... No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    The small Map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running and to give access to the Micro SDHC Card Format Option

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'