List/history of already imported routes — TomTom Community

List/history of already imported routes

SiniSini Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited August 2019 in RIDER
Hi everybody,
I can't seem to find the answer to my question anywhere, in fact I found something similar, but the discussion was terminated few years ago. Anyhow, to the point. Every time I'm about to import routes (no matter from where, Tyre, MyRoute App or MyDrive), list of old, already imported routes is getting bigger and bigger, and it is hard to find and import most recent (new route). It is in fact history list of every route that was imported from the moment the first route was imported in to the gps. I need to find a way to delete this list. Can anybody help, please? Thanks a lot!

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 478 [Supreme Pioneer]
    In MyDrive you can see and manage all your Routes.
    There is also an option to delete routes.

Note there is a bug in the current MyDrive for Android 2.7.0 this version is not able to show MRA an Tyre Routes.
  • JoelS.JoelS. Posts: 316 [Exalted Navigator]
    connect the tomtom to a computer, then explore. when connected, the rider will give an option to import routes, click that on the device. then use explorer on a pc, i see internal storage and sd, the routes are in those folders that import.
    i have win 10, and a sd card in my rider 40/400. i can move routes to the device, or the sd, it will have a list of all the ones on there. these are able to be deleted, i keep my gpx on a computer in regional folders, makes it easier to keep track for me.

• SiniSini Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    ...thanks for Your answers, but I'm not sure that we understand each other. That is my fault, I didn't explain it very well (English isn't my native language, so...). I will try to explain it better this time. So, I know how to delete routes that are already in my Rider 410. I go to My Routes, press edit list, select routes that I want to delete and than press delete. Bum, they are gone. Of course, I can do it also trough MyDrive, or trough file browser, etc. I have problem of another kind. So,let say You are going to import some route. Plug in the gps device, and in the lower part of the screen there is button: Import routes. You have to press it, and than You can export route to your gps device. After this is done, You have to press: Done on Your gps device. Than the list about I'm talking appears. It says: Select routes to import, and this list contains not just the route You imported seconds ago, but all the routes that was onced imported in the device. So You have to browse and find recent one, mark it and press Import button to finish the process of importing. As I already said, this list is growing and it is getting harder and harder to find the right route. Hope this helps in understanding the problem I'm trying to solve with Your help. Thanks again!
    I never noticed this list is different from the MyRoutes list.
    My Rider is at home and I am away this weekend so I can’t test.

If you have all your Places and Routes in MyDrive you can try a factory reset of the Rider. I am sure this will clear the list.
    After entering your MyDrive Account most data will be restored. But You need to setup your menu preferences manually.
    Sini,
    i told you how to do it already, have you tried that ??

Roadrider, factory reset the tomtom, really ??
    the files are in the root of the folders on the tomtom,

1vv4h8mlb6j0.png
    niyicu4pba7j.png
    bu840iolzjj3.png
    Thank to You all. I thought about factory reset, but tried to avoid that. Luckily, thanks to JoelS I don't have to do it. I didn't understand Your first post, I thought You are talking about removing/deleting routes from MyRoutes list. Anyway, this worked as a charm. "History" list deleted, MyRoutes list untouched. Thanks again for Your time and help!
    JoelS. wrote: »
    Sini,
    the files are in the root of the folders on the tomtom

In my case this folder would be empty.

I never connect the USB cable and never inserted a SD-Card.
    All my routes are shared using MyDrive.
    With my 410 I dit use BT sharing but it’s option is gone in the 550.
    Now I use MyDrive for sharing. So I do everything in the Cloud now.
    RoadRider, thanks for Your comment too! Most of my routes are made with Tyre, or most recently with MyRouteApp, so I do import my routes via USB cable. Sharing routes using MyDrive is also a good way for doing this, but I somehow didn't use it very often. I use MyDrive mostly for sharing POIs.
    i bluetooth routes into the gps, or use my
    RoadRider wrote: »
    JoelS. wrote: »
    Sini,
    the files are in the root of the folders on the tomtom

In my case this folder would be empty.

I never connect the USB cable and never inserted a SD-Card.
    All my routes are shared using MyDrive.
    With my 410 I dit use BT sharing but it’s option is gone in the 550.
    Now I use MyDrive for sharing. So I do everything in the Cloud now.

So that wouldn't answer Sini's question then since you don't run into the issue or see what they were trying to do.

i rarely use mydrive, for anything, send destination mainly if i use it.
    i have hundreds of routes for different regions of the country, Probably don't have 4 in mydrive. thats just me, I've been playing with tomtom gps on a bike for well over 10 years now,