Bluetooth internet sharing does not work — TomTom Community

Bluetooth internet sharing does not work

My device GO 500 and my phone Samsung S7 does establish bluetooth communication, but internet is not available. In Go 500 my phone has status "connected", but I get the message " can not connect to internet". On my phone the Go 500 is listed as a device that can use internet sharing, but trying to connect the phone displays "cannot connect to Tom Tom GO 500". This used to work may be a year ago. Any ideas to what I am doing wrong?

Best Answer

Answers

• Cheese56Cheese56 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Reset did the trick!
    Thank you so much.

Regards
    Jostein
  • denisausdenisaus Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    The reset wiped all my recent locations but didn't work. I have an iPhone X. My GO 620 provides me with Traffic only when I am in my property via WiFi. As soon as I drive off, the Traffic service becomes unavailable. Both Bluetooth & WiFi icons show connection. Grateful your assistance in fixing this problem. Many thanks.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,934 Superuser
    edited August 29
    Hi @denisaus

If you log into your account on the MyDrive webpage do you see any of your MyPlaces etc listed there. If so when your Go620 WiFi is attached to the WiFi and your unit has logged into your account then the MyPlaces etc should sync back to the device. When the unit logs into the account the Cloud icon top right after you tap menu should be solid white with no cross.

Re traffic have you checked that when you tap Menu, tap Settings, tap Bluetooth and then tapped the name of your phone that the Data option is On.

Doug