Adding Latin American map to an Opel Crossland X (which uses TomTom data) — TomTom Community

Adding Latin American map to an Opel Crossland X (which uses TomTom data)

jdr6686jdr6686 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited August 21 in Map installation
Opel only provides a European map, which is using TomTom data.
I couldn't find anywhere how to add none-European maps to the cars navigation, but do got an update-folder for the European map, which contains amongst other files:
  • .ttpkg files (CP-TT-PSA.P3CNS.U-MAP.EUR.TTC-14.0.0_0.ttpkg to CP-TT-PSA.P3CNS.U-MAP.EUR.TTC-14.0.0_6.ttpkg)
  • map-eur_14.0.0-r0_armv7a.ipk

Would a map for Android work or will I need to inject the Latin American map files into that European install folder?

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    edited August 22
    Hi @jdr6686

I method you mention to trick the system will unfortunately not work.

Maps are associated with the device through a unique key and replacing maps with external files could cause the system to fail resulting in not able to load any maps.

Regards
    Vikram
  • jdr6686jdr6686 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The main problem I face is that the opel crossland X isn't mentioned in the list of build-in navigation devices. (When contacting Opel, they say they can't help me, although the dealer said it wouldn't be a problem updating the maps)
  • jdr6686jdr6686 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited August 26
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @jdr6686

I method you mention to trick the system will unfortunately not work.

Maps are associated with the device through a unique key and replacing maps with external files could cause the system to fail resulting in not able to load any maps.

Regards
    Vikram

Hi @VikramK ,
    Do you know how I can retrieve that unique key from the device, so i can send it with my purchase order so TomTom can sell me the correct install file?

Thanks
  • LepreLepre Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hello
    I believe it is not possible to put other maps on your Opel's navigator, on your navigator there is the Europe map and only that one is updated.
    The code you say (it's the chassis number of your car) and you have to enter it on the Peugeot or Opel website and give you the new map.
    I inform you that the map 15 came out last week.
    Hello