TomTom startup battery image

Have a TomTom 55TM.
When I startup the unit, the GPS unit displays a battery image very similar to this:
pdxzll4y0g1e.jpeg

I assume this is telling me the battery is low? After charging the unit, the image is still shown at poweron.
So, I assume the battery is defective. I mean, why else would the image explicitly show a sliver of battery health?
I then bought a new battery and the image still displays when starting unit.

I then found these instructions:http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9952/~/how-do-i-check-the-status-of-my-battery?
And the green battery bar is full
So apparently, the battery was not defective.
Now I am wondering if this first image is simply telling me the device is USING the battery, rather than trying to indicate the battery is low.

IF this is so, this image is very confusing and misleading because I interpret it as the battery is low.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• TomTomUser555TomTomUser555 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited August 15
    Edit: I figured out what the image is. It is the default Startup Screen image. The TomTom HOME pc application is showing it under the "Manage my Start Series" category.

dbbslfq6aqnc.png

zfg5k1hq3lld.png

IMO, this is a horrible idea to display this image and has caused some confusion on my part.
    I wonder how many other people have become confused by this image being displayed to them?
  • TomTomUser555TomTomUser555 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Somehow your start-up Image has been changed/swapped
    The Image your device is displaying as the Start-up Image is in fact the Low-Battery Warning Image

That was the issue. Somehow the startup image was set to Lowbattery.bmp. I changed it now to the default splash.bmp.

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,798 Superusers

Hi
    @TomTomUser555

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'