Need New TomTom Model That I Can Transfer MY Old XXL Points Of Interest To — TomTom Community

Need New TomTom Model That I Can Transfer MY Old XXL Points Of Interest To

My old TomTom XXL is dead (it will no longer turn on). I have hundreds of Points Of Interest saved on it and also backed up on my computer. I need to know which of the newer TomTom models I can connect to my computer by USB and copy and paste my hundreds of old Points of Interest to the newer model TomTom. If it matters, my old XXL uses TomTom Home on my computer. I also read that some of the newer TomToms use wifi for map updates. I want to be able to update a new TomTom by USB to my computer like I did with my old XXL. Can I transfer my XXL Points Of Interest (backed up on my computer) to ALL the newer model TomToms? Can all the newer TomToms maps be updated by USB connected to a computer (in addition to wifi) if lifetime maps are purchased. Are there any additional costs to update the newer TomToms by USB to a computer if they are purchased with lifetime maps? I don't want to purchase a new TomTom only to find out I can't transfer my old XXL's Point Of Interest and I can't update maps by USB connected to my computer.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,269
    Superusers
    edited August 2019
    Hi
    @blueocean

This video shows you how to transfer favourites and Points of Interest (POIs) to your new device.

If you have Lots of Favorites....
    Saving Your Favorites from your Tomtom using the free version of Softops POI editor
    Download SoftTop Tomtom POI Editor to a folder on your desktop; open the folder and un-zip the file.
    My Dropbox account... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/przt4eetzpp4oqf/AAB6X7RjTBilT-xH3p85p0X2a?dl=0
    (1)... Connect your Tomtom to your PC USB port and turn it on
    (2)... Run the TomPoiEdrEn.exe file; you should now have the SoftTop POI editor running.
    (3)... Click on the Gold Star Icon (3rd Icon on the tool bar) a New filer Window opens
    (4)... Find the Tomtom drive (Or one of your Backups)
    (5)... Find and click on your installed Map.. (Mine was United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland)
    (6)... Click on the 'OK' Box
    (7)... Click on the Softops POI editor... File Tab
    (8)... Click on 'Save As'
    (9)... Rename or accept the offered Name... Save to your Desktop

Note...I think the development SoftTop POI editor has stopped as you can no longer access Google Earth or Maps from within the program and the author does not reply to Email

How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive to Your New Device

ATB YFM