keypad and the touch screen going bad — TomTom Community

keypad and the touch screen going bad

hi there - my tom tom is driving me insane at the moment ! would really like some help please . on the keypad I am unable to use the far column when putting in an address ie if using an QWERTY keyboard I am unable to use the ' P . or arrow key to take me back . instead it will come up as ' O L or _ ' very frustrating ! it like the letters I need are under the frame !!! any help PLEASE !! thank you. neil

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,051
    Superusers
    edited August 2019
    Hi
    @zydhockey

Which Tomtom device do you own ???
    Its only the early NAV2 devices that use Tomtom Home for updating that can have the keyboard positions corrected....

The NAV3 NAV4 & NAV5 devices that use MyDrive Connect and/or Wifi to update the device cannot be corrected....

ATB YFM
  • zydhockeyzydhockey Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hi thanks for getting back its a Tom Tom Start 20.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,051
    Superusers
    edited August 2019
    Hi
    @zydhockey

Sorry the Start 20 is a NAV3 device... You have no access to the Operating System files....

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM