Trucker 6000 No GPRS — TomTom Community

Trucker 6000 No GPRS

ctonryctonry Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
Hi

I have a Trucker 6000. Renewed subscription for a year for full live services on 10th August.

With the sat nav I can sign in aslong as its connected via USB to my laptop. Shows all services as activated.

If I take it out in my car it will show no GPRS connection. I done a soft reset and didnt help. I then did a full reset and it wouldnt let me sign in. Saying no access to services, or a similier message. I then plugged the sat nav into the USB on my laptop and it let me sign in straight away.

Does this mean I have some form of sim card error and it needs repairing?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,829
    Superuser
    Hi @ctonry

Try the following.

Fully charge the unit for about 2 hours or do the following whilst connected to a power source.

Take outside will away from buildings and trees etc with a clear view of the sky all around.

Turn the unit on and when working hold the On/Off button down for about 20 seconds until you here the Drumroll sound then let go.

When the unit has restarted create a route and select drive then leave the unit still with the clear view of the sky for about 30 minutes to see if it connects to the Sats. It has been noticed that if you leave the unit on a car roof it can help.

If after this it still does not resolve the problem then report back here.

Doug
  • ctonryctonry Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    Thank you. I will try this now, it knows my position fine and when I drive it knows the road I am on, direction and speed etc...

Its only LIVE Services that wont connect.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,829
    Superuser
    Hi @ctonry

Okay then you don't need to do the above.

Lets see what @VikramK or @lampard have to say after they have looked at your account and checked the settings at their end.

Doug
    Just to add, after taking it outside it knows the route fine. I click on the services icon and it says No Internet for mydrive, traffic etc...

In settings, about, it shows GPRS Disconnected
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,056
    Superusers
    edited August 2019
    Hi
    @ctonry

As Doug says @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators probably need to check your Account Status on Monday
    I don't know if anything has changed recently, but you used to get 'x' many days grace added to the end of a subscription period for renewing Live Traffic to cover...e.g When renewing Live services over the Weekend or during Statutory Holidays

ATB YFM
    It says the live services are activated when I have the satnav plugged into the USB on my laptop. It says activated under tomtom services.

However as soon as I unplug it, thats when it says no internet and gprs disconnected.

Makes me think the satnav cant use the built in mobile sim
  • GazibarevGazibarev Posts: 95 [Supreme Navigator]
    Try with different charger. Some devices like dashcam with wifi makes strong interferences.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,056
    Superusers
    edited August 2019
    Hi
    @ctonry

Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System... About
    Scroll down to GPRS Status
    Note... When you are connected over USB
    The USB connection will take priority over the GPRS SIM connection

Is the Battery fully charged and connected to a Power supply... . At an (Undisclosed) percentage of battery discharge, the device will try to save its power requirements by dimming the screen and eventually powers off the device... Devices with a built-in SIM Card may also lose Live Traffic services
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1659024/#Comment_1659024

Also
    Try a Twenty-second turn off (Using the On/Off button... NOT the OFF Option from Sleep/Off Menu)

The RF shielding on my PC sound system is not very good, and I can hear the Tomtom SIM Card logging in/out
    Also If you have a small portable AM Radio set to around 800kHz you can hear the SIM card Data exchange and the Card logging in/out

When you turn the device off, it takes the SIM card 10 seconds to log off
    I find if I turn the device off, count slowly up to say 20 seconds, and then turn the device back on
    That this reboots the SIM card and it’s much quicker than a Drum-roll start

ATB YFM
    Battery is fully charged, connected to a 2.4amp usb port.

Tried it in my car and in my garden, my partners garden. Tried it in various locations with and without a charger. I even left it turned on and charging in my car for around 20 hours.

yu5855m4rgg4.jpg
    sqakntbb0syw.jpg
    d9gf3o300uqc.jpg
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,687 Moderator
    Hi @ctonry

The subscription on the device looks okay. I would suggest that you contact customer service as they should be able to check the SIM status and advise accordingly.

Regards
    Vikram