Go 6200 WiFi & Voice Control

I am looking for support from any buyers/users of Tomtom Go 6200 WiFi.
My screen automatically without being prompted blanks the map out and asks for verbal prompts. A lesser problem is the very poor phone clarity.
Tomtom have now sent me 6 new or reconditioned units etc. In 2 years I still have the same problem.

Question is,am I the only person to have this problem?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,813 Superusers
    edited August 11
    Hi
    @Faulty6pack

Do you mean the device switches to 'Voice Control' without you saying the Trigger Words

Try Changing the Wake-up Phrase
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Voice Control
    (1)... Try Changing the Wake-up Phrase to something more obscure that wont be used in general conversation or on the car Radio....
    Something like "Hello Brexit" :o ;)
    (2)... If you're not using Voice control... Turn it off

0px1unhhinqw.jpg
    ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Can’t wait to try it ASAP.
    Thanks
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 450 [Exalted Navigator]
    I don't think I'd use "Hello Brexit" as that's probably the most common word around at the moment (unfortunately)! I use "Hello TomTom Navigator" and I don't get any problems with that. One funny thing is when I tell it to go home, it responds with "Do you want to go home?" to which I sometimes answer "Of course" and strangely, that is accepted as an affirmative reply.
    BrianE
  • Faulty6packFaulty6pack Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks BrianE,
    I have added my own Hello prompt word. Most times I use sat nav it fails,last week I did two 600 mile round trips and it didn’t fail,and then the next day it failed after driving just 5 miles. It normally fails on every trip,just randomly,with or without radio on,with or without a passengers.