Routes not visible anymore in the MyDrive app for Android version 2.7.0 — TomTom Community

Routes not visible anymore in the MyDrive app for Android version 2.7.0

I can't see My Routes anymore in the latest Mydrive App for Android.
When I select My Routes I only get Add Route.

I can see My Routes in the iOS version (iPad) and Web version.
(There are more users reporting this on a Duch forum.)

I do not know if this is for all users or only users that use the Save As TomTom MyDrive feature in MRA?

Answers

• BeemerNedBeemerNed Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Hi All,

I'm having troubles with synchronizing routes when using the mydrive-app on an android phone.
    My-places works fine, routes however do not appear.
    I work/edit routes on desktop mydrive and use the "synchronize with all my systems" slicer, then they also should appear ( after some time) in the my-drive app on my android phone.
    This worked fine until app. July this year. Last week suddenly no routes visible in the mydrive-app.

Current the routes only appear in the mydrive-app after re-edit & saving them on desktop.

Anyone having simular problems?

Regards,
    BeemerNed
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 565 [Revered Pioneer]
    I Have the same problem with the new 2.7.0 version of MyDrive For Android.

Also other people report the same on other fora.

I also own a iPAD and MyDrive For iOS does not have this problem.
    Hi RoadRider,

Thnx for reply. At least i'm not the only one with this problem.
    My work-around (re-edit & save) does do the trick until you hit an route with a road blocked, Mydrive then only accepts a detour. So you'll loose the original route.
    Frustrating, when you know that a certain blocked road will be opened soon.

Regards,
    BeemerNed
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,433 Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Hi @RoadRider @BeemerNed

Thanks for reporting this!

I have sent a heads up to the team and waiting for an update.

As soon as I know more about it, I will post back here.

Thanks again,
    Vikram :)
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,433 Moderator
    Hi @BeemerNed

Could you tell me which is the phone model you are using and which is current Android version installed?

I have asked this to RoadRIder as well through a PM.

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi Vikram,

Sorry for the late respons. I'ts the "motor off-season" for me. In regard to your question:
    (1)
    - I had at that time an Huawei P10
    - I also had an extensive e-mail correspondence with the help desk on this topic
    - Their final advice: buy an other telephone... ( Not kidding)
    - Current mobile phone is an Samsumg Galaxy S10 - facing the exact same problem as with the Huawei: no new ( desktop created and sycnchronized) routes appear in mydrive app.

(2)
    Current status:
    - I create routes in Basecamp.
    Why: cause Mydrive does not have an "undo" button and/or and "ignore blocked
    roads" option, nor can i compare (overlay) different routes in one screen
    - Then i add them in mydrive on my desktop and do an quick check an set "sychchronize
    wih all my systems" on active
    - Routes do directly appear on the TomTom 550 ( which is still a fine piece of art)
    - I do not like to use the android phone app anymore because of the above mentioned
    problem (1) and the workaround ( see post August) often does not deliver the original route. which is pretty frustrating.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 565 [Revered Pioneer]
    @BeemerNed
    When you don’t use the Google Now feature you also do not need the MyDrive App.
    Option 1, Use BT Tethering like the Rider 4x0.
    See video for instructions.
    Also, I advise the app Blue Car Tethering to keep BT Tethering open on your Phone.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xplota.bluecartetheringauto&hl=de

Option 2, Use WiFi
    Create a WiFi Hotspot on your Phone and configure WiFi on your Rider 550 to use this Hotspot
    Warning: Don’t update your device using this WiFi Hotspot this will consume many GB’s

I have a new program that makes the upload process for your BaseCamp tracks to your Rider easer. Look at the LoadTrack page on my site. https://roadrider.jouwweb.nl/load-track