Can the TomTom VIA 135 display the miles remaining until I reach my destination? — TomTom Community

Can the TomTom VIA 135 display the miles remaining until I reach my destination?

InterloperInterloper Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
edited August 2019 in MyDrive Connect
My TomTom VIA 135 displays the time remaining until I reach my destination, and the time of day at which I will reach my destination.

I would like it to also display the miles remaining until I reach my destination. Is it possible to make it do that? I can't figure out how.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• InterloperInterloper Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Lucify, thank you so much for sending that link.

However, I notice that the page it opens is the "Route Summary", which does show the remaining distance, but to see that I would have to tap the lower right side box on the Driving View. I'm hoping to see the remaining distance displayed constantly in the Driving View.

If you go to this page in that manual...

download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/html/en-gb/index.htm#TheDrivingViewEU-Lausanne.htm

...it shows the driving view and in the lower right side box it includes the distance remaining. That is what I'm hoping to display, but it does not show up on my TomTom VIA 135.

Is there a way to get it to display that?

Thanks!
    Also, I noticed the manual you sent the link to is for "EU-Lausanne". I'm in the US; does that matter?
    Lucify, I figured it out!

First, I tapped in the middle of the Driving View screen; that changed the display to a number of possible options.

I selected "Settings", then hit the left side triangle to go to another page of possible options, which included "Status Bar".

Selecting "Status Bar" let me pick horizontal or vertical (I use horizontal).

Touching "Next" then took me to "Show on the status bar", which allowed me to select some check boxes to display the Remaining distance. Yay!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction with that link to the manual.

Have fun with your TomTom Via 135!