Speed cameras drops out on Android — TomTom Community

Speed cameras drops out on Android

IluvlestaIluvlesta Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Speed cameras loads and works for about 2 mins then it loses connection and shows the radar searching. I've accepted all the permissions for overlay, turned off traffic updates and jams and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Best Answers

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,211 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there @Iluvlesta

Sorry about my late reply! Is this the Go Mobile App or the Speed Camera App you're talking about?

The overlay mode is only available with the TomTom Speed Cameras app.

Regards, lampard
  • IluvlestaIluvlesta Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    It's the speed camera app. The signal drops out completely for the whole app whatever mode I have it on (floating, map, full screen).
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,211 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @simon28

Welcome to the Community & thanks for your insights! Indeed with Android 10, you'll now be asked if you want to grant that app access to your location all the time, even when the app is closed or running in the background, or only while you are actively using the app.

For Widget/Overlay Mode to work again, Please check your location permission settings for (AmiGO/TomTom SpeedCameras) and make sure to enable the permission also for background use.

Regards, lampard
  • IluvlestaIluvlesta Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks guys. I'd given up with it to be honest and had another try with the settings and it's worked. The setting choices seem different from when I first tried (that's my excuse anyway!)